Premier League Relegation

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
LeTiss

We've seen with the Bundesliga return, that playing behind closed doors seems to negate home advantage.

The relegation dogfight is tight, so we are bound to see some twists and turns

At present Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth are all odds on, with West Ham next at 3.1

There has to be some value here surely? - I reckon 1 of those bottom 3 will escape

Even Saints at 42 is worth a little nibble
wearthefoxhat

LeTiss wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:34 am
We've seen with the Bundesliga return, that playing behind closed doors seems to negate home advantage.

At present Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth are all odds on, with West Ham next at 3.1

There has to be some value here surely? - I reckon 1 of those bottom 3 will escape

Brighton @3/1 could be value to be relegated as their 5 home games look tricky, this could in turn impact their away performances.

Home Games

Aston Villa
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd
Newcastle

Southampton should be okay as they have demonstrated better away form all season.
Headless Chuck

LeTiss wrote:

Just as a general comment I think this will be the first season I can remember where any team that does end up relegated can consider themselves a little unfortunate. None have really played badly, imploded, or become hoplessly cut adrift. For a long time I thought Newcastle were going to go and I wouldn't have shed any tears but they had a mid season bout of good fortune sufficient to see them safe.
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Wash your mouth out!
Euler

Apart from Saints, whose home form has been dreadful. I'd be tempted to back some teams that are close and have lots of competitive home fixtures left.
LeTiss

I've washed my mouth out!

wearthefoxhat makes a good point about Brighton. They look real value
gazuty

LeTiss wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:20 pm
I've washed my mouth out!

wearthefoxhat makes a good point about Brighton. They look real value
If I a remember correctly someone did a PhD on the topic of home ground advantage. Basically it came down to crowd noise pressure on referees and linesmen.

In Australian football it’s called “the noise of affirmation” and the lack of crowd noise will definitely factor in results for the rest of the Australian rules season.
LeTiss

Interesting stuff, gazuty

I think there's something in that, just look at the Bundesliga

28 matches played

Home Wins = 5
Away Wins = 13
Draws = 10
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 am
LeTiss wrote:
Wash your mouth out!
Euler wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm
I actually really enjoyed my football again when Saints were fighting for promotion in League Two.
Be careful what you wish for. ;)
LeTiss

I'm back onto one of my favourite markets

I am drawn to the price of Brighton....BIG TIME
Burnley and Newcastle are shorter prices, despite having more points than them. You could hardly say Brighton are just having a dodgy spell - this is what they are, bottom 6 relegation fighters. They have won 2 from 17, only West Brom and Sheff Utd have won fewer

They are massively overpriced at 4.5
verance

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am
I'm back onto one of my favourite markets

I am drawn to the price of Brighton....BIG TIME
Burnley and Newcastle are shorter prices, despite having more points than them. You could hardly say Brighton are just having a dodgy spell - this is what they are, bottom 6 relegation fighters. They have won 2 from 17, only West Brom and Sheff Utd have won fewer

They are massively overpriced at 4.5
Brighton are the biggest outliers based on xG models this season - based on xG, they've been the 6th best team this season!

I'm not sure how much stock to put in those models but might help explain the price.

xG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”