Expected goal

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
JakubStefanik

Hello,

first of all, what worked for you best in counting xG of the match, I just moved to football a few weeks ago and I am trying to create few strategies. I usually take last 5matches h/a for both teams, is that too low ?
Also, I wanted to ask what else can you count if you have xG of the match, I have seen peters video and I know you can figure out with xG how probable is that match finish 0-0 but I believe there is more. If you know about math book on this topic or it is already somewhere in this forum let me know.

Thanks, guys!
wearthefoxhat

JakubStefanik wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:09 pm
Hello,

first of all, what worked for you best in counting xG of the match, I just moved to football a few weeks ago and I am trying to create few strategies. I usually take last 5matches h/a for both teams, is that too low ?
Also, I wanted to ask what else can you count if you have xG of the match, I have seen peters video and I know you can figure out with xG how probable is that match finish 0-0 but I believe there is more. If you know about math book on this topic or it is already somewhere in this forum let me know.

Thanks, guys!
Last 5 games on it's own can give you a snapshot of a teams ongoing form.

I'd probably start with last 3 games, and store each further game up to, say, 10, and plot the rolling averages on a graph. That way you can see if the team is progressing or regressing, comparing the For/Against Xg stats.
JakubStefanik

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:11 pm

I'd probably start with last 3 games, and store each further game up to, say, 10, and plot the rolling averages on a graph. That way you can see if the team is progressing or regressing, comparing the For/Against Xg stats.
amazing that makes so much sense :D teach me senpai and I mean it
wearthefoxhat

JakubStefanik wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:25 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:11 pm

amazing that makes so much sense :D teach me senpai and I mean it
Something like.

Last 3 games (ave) - 2.13/1.73
Arsenal1.jpg

Last 4 games (ave) - 2.20/1.45
Arsenal2.jpg
Before you add new data (most recent game), move the scores up. When averages update, you can see progress, or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JakubStefanik

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Something like.

Arsenal1.jpg

Arsenal2.jpg

Before you add new data (most recent game), move the scores up. When averages update, you can see progress, or not.
i was just going to do some test spreadsheet, do you use peters formula for xG? meaning from his video :D
wearthefoxhat

JakubStefanik wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:33 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Something like.

Arsenal1.jpg

Arsenal2.jpg

i was just going to do some test spreadsheet, do you use peters formula for xG? meaning from his video :D
No, just use the infogol website for the Xg info.

https://www.infogol.net/en

Return to “Football trading”