Is there Football Courtsiding ??

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Archery1969

Jukebox wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:11 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:39 am
Dont shoot the messenger:

"A football fan has detailed his experience on Saturday afternoon during Hull City's 2-1 win over Reading, where he was threatened with being thrown out of the ground for texting during the match.

Hull fan Daniel Mawer took to Twitter to explain in a thread how someone in plain clothing came up to him to warn him not to text.

According to the 'skint northerner' he was warned he could be thrown out of the ground because his texts might be informing gamblers of insider information of what was going on, utterly bizarre.

The EFL says Mr Mawer was spoken to as part of spot checks into unauthorised data gathering at matches."
Not too long ago a forum user posted a video of a room upstairs at Wimbledon where 'data' was being gathered in an industrial manner. We know that downstairs a traditional courtsider with a hat and clicker would have been 'dealt with' . I think that courtsiding is now just an industry and another revenue stream for venues who must now protect that commodity. What is disingenuous is the way it is dealt with as if it is the courtsiding that is the immoral practice when it is an individual on the terrace - but legitimate business in a box hired for the privilege - when the truth is it is more akin to paying for tv rights and not allowing someone who has not paid for them to broadcast - which we would more readily understand.
This is news to me but apparently the Football Data Co in collaboration with the UK Leagues and its Clubs has COMSEC security personnel operating at most games who are authorised to eject members of the public who they believe are gathering match data and/or betting using electronic devices.
Jukebox

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:34 am
Jukebox wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:39 am
Dont shoot the messenger:

"A football fan has detailed his experience on Saturday afternoon during Hull City's 2-1 win over Reading, where he was threatened with being thrown out of the ground for texting during the match.

Hull fan Daniel Mawer took to Twitter to explain in a thread how someone in plain clothing came up to him to warn him not to text.

According to the 'skint northerner' he was warned he could be thrown out of the ground because his texts might be informing gamblers of insider information of what was going on, utterly bizarre.

The EFL says Mr Mawer was spoken to as part of spot checks into unauthorised data gathering at matches."
Not too long ago a forum user posted a video of a room upstairs at Wimbledon where 'data' was being gathered in an industrial manner. We know that downstairs a traditional courtsider with a hat and clicker would have been 'dealt with' . I think that courtsiding is now just an industry and another revenue stream for venues who must now protect that commodity. What is disingenuous is the way it is dealt with as if it is the courtsiding that is the immoral practice when it is an individual on the terrace - but legitimate business in a box hired for the privilege - when the truth is it is more akin to paying for tv rights and not allowing someone who has not paid for them to broadcast - which we would more readily understand.
This is news to me but apparently the Football Data Co in collaboration with the UK Leagues and its Clubs has COMSEC security personnel operating at most games who are authorised to eject members of the public who they believe are gathering match data and/or betting using electronic devices.
I'm suggesting that their reason is not to protect the average punter or the integrity of the game - but because some group in a box has paid heavily for exclusive access.
Archery1969

Jukebox wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Jukebox wrote:

I'm suggesting that their reason is not to protect the average punter or the integrity of the game - but because some group in a box has paid heavily for exclusive access.
Agreed.
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:49 am
Jukebox wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am
Archery1969 wrote:

Agreed.
Think this might be the video being referred to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6uKtMAMkhY

Return to “Football trading”