IPT - Ideas spawned from the data experience

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ODPaul82

If I were him then it would be watching the game alongside utilising pre-match research and in-play stats, a shot off-target in data doesn't say whether it was a close shot by the post or the player taking aim at a seagull in Row Z.

Also believing in their process & staying disciplined with proper risk management/staking.
There will be red screens that aren't shown, red screens don't sell courses.
footysystems

Ok let's have a go 😊 pre match my ratings tell me Cremonise are well ahead of Virtus currently well ahead inplay Cremonise.

2.28 on betfair ✅
footysystems

There is the goal price into 1.28 :D
rik

ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:24 pm
If I were him then it would be watching the game alongside utilising pre-match research and in-play stats, a shot off-target in data doesn't say whether it was a close shot by the post or the player taking aim at a seagull in Row Z.
are you sure that some close misses make a goal much more likely than a couple shots into Row Z?
The player/team suddenly lost their skill or confidence and much more likely to miss the next chance as well?
Think intent of the teams is the main factor and Psychoff was somewhat describing that as well in the intterview i saw
ODPaul82

That's my exact point, if a team is hitting & hoping then that will still just be shown as a shot in data
Data is quantifiable but doesn't contain qualative information.
jimibt

ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:03 pm
That's my exact point, if a team is hitting & hoping then that will still just be shown as a shot in data
based on that observation, do you think that tracking the odds and real-time stats on a minute by minute basis would allow a better peek at the qualatitive aspect. in a contrived example, i'm thinking of the score being 1-0 at half time and the odds on the ou naturally decaying, but then after a sustained period of high PI's, the odds remain static. or conversely, the same scenario, except the PI is relatively flat and the decay appears to follow it's standard pattern.

i guess what i'm saying is, it would be nice to chuck around a few building block scenarios (as mentioned in my OP) that when pieced together could provide a risk worthy signal of sorts, even if that signal merely meant *not yet*.. etc
Chambolicious

jimibt wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:55 pm
ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:03 pm
based on that observation, do you think that tracking the odds and real-time stats on a minute by minute basis would allow a better peek at the qualatitive aspect. in a contrived example, i'm thinking of the score being 1-0 at half time and the odds on the ou naturally decaying, but then after a sustained period of high PI's, the odds remain static. or conversely, the same scenario, except the PI is relatively flat and the decay appears to follow it's standard pattern.

i guess what i'm saying is, it would be nice to chuck around a few building block scenarios (as mentioned in my OP) that when pieced together could provide a risk worthy signal of sorts, even if that signal merely meant *not yet*.. etc
One building block that I think can be a good indicator is a team's XG. Obviously it's not perfect but if it's 0-0 and both teams have an XG of over 1 then I would say it's a good indication that a goal more likely to happen than not.

Return to “Football trading”