Challenge/Log

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
sunglasses_ron

Hi all, fairly new to the forum and have been a lurker in the main until now.

I have been trading football for a few years and understand well the mechanics of football trading and how the prices tend to move.

What I have struggled with more is mindset and how I react to losses and during this struggle I've blown a few banks.

Therefore I plan to log my results on here, both for my own accountability and secondly if anyone is interested in following my journey.

My bank is currently sat at around £5000 and my typical level of risk/stake per trade will be 5% of that.

My plan is to increase stakes when my bank has grown by 50% and never before then. The same applies should my bank shrink by 50%.
sunglasses_ron

A shade over 5% profit on the bank from the only game I traded in the Turkish Super Lig today, a nice late goal from Fenerbahce.
1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Welcome Ron 👍

Not a bad idea to try and impose some accountability on yourself, good luck with the challenge.
sunglasses_ron

Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:31 pm
Welcome Ron 👍

Not a bad idea to try and impose some accountability on yourself, good luck with the challenge.
Thanks mate 👍
sunglasses_ron

3% loss overall on the bank today, took a hit in the A-League match early doors. Done well enough tonight although a PSG equaliser would have put me very much in profit for the day. Happy with how I traded overall though, was quite controlled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

What's the overall approach if you don't mind me asking, value betting? Trading?
sunglasses_ron

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm
What's the overall approach if you don't mind me asking, value betting? Trading?
Trading. Scalping unders markets and match odds being the main markets of choice. Depending on how I see the match developing sometimes I'll flip green I have on unders to overs also as I done in the Turkish match on Monday.
Kai

sunglasses_ron wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am
Kai wrote:
Trading. Scalping unders markets and match odds being the main markets of choice. Depending on how I see the match developing sometimes I'll flip green I have on unders to overs also as I done in the Turkish match on Monday.
Very sensible. Sounds like you're a disciple of Ersen then?
sunglasses_ron

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:36 am
sunglasses_ron wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am
Kai wrote:
Very sensible. Sounds like you're a disciple of Ersen then?
Haha yeah I guess you could say that. Psychoff is obviously an inspiration to any football trader but I do try my best to be my own guru and not to try and copy anyone per say.

That said it'd be folly to not try and pick up bits and pieces from guys like him and Euler who have been pioneers in terms of sports trading.
sunglasses_ron

Decent enough day at it today, a little under 6% bank growth.
1.PNG
sunglasses_ron

Small loss of 2.8% overall today.
1.PNG
StellaBot

good luck in your quest
and hope you do well
;)
sunglasses_ron

VAR and Michael Keane contributed to an absolute horror show today! Bank took a 15% hit :cry:
1.PNG
dm1900

These are some huge stakes. Why would you not start off with £2 until you have statistically proven you have an edge? :shock:

Return to “Football trading”