Trading during VAR

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
MattP

Apologies if this has been done to death. I'm not a football trader but had a back on RB Leipzig tonight.

Was 0-0 until a 95th minute goal. Market suspends and reopens at 1-0. Price straight to 1.01 as there was only meant to be 4 minutes added time anyway.

Then it starts to move out, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0 etc and I'm guessing VAR is involved. I cash out at a point of 50% win profit not sure of the rules.

VAR overturns decision. Back to 0-0 and my cash out voided and my original position reinstated.

The question then; if the goal had stood I assume I would've just lost 50% of the profit with barely time to restart the game? Then at 1.2 to 1.5 can you have a free bet on the goal being allowed as it will be voided if overturned?

Seems crazy. If the market is open I assume its valid if not overturned?
Derek27

If I understand the rules correctly it's not the rules that are crazy but the people who were laying them, assuming it was a VAR review.

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 118-6.html
Trader Pat

Even on excel VAR comes with a warning sign
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Terrible rules. Adds significant risk to trading football in-play. IMO should either let market run at traders' risk or just keep markets suspended right through from "goal" to kick-off to avoid any possible VAR confusion.
Derek27

VAR was one of my biggest worries when I got into football trading but the only issue I've ever had was when I left an unmatched bet after a goal trusting Betfair to cancel it. They didn't, it got matched, I closed for a loss and then they voided it later. :lol:

Return to “Football trading”