European Super League

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 pm
If leipzig challenge Bayern I would be stunned. They have dominated that league for 40 years and only twice in all that time have they been even semi challenged and that was dortmund 10 years ago but that was only down to klopp and before that SV Hamburg c40 years ago.

BM are an absolute monster and are now the world's 3rd richest club ahead of MU. To challenge IMO is to do what City have done and permanently reshape the landscape and not what BD did by winning back to back bundesligas as impressive as that was BECAUSE Bayern are about to make it 9/9 since then

Time will tell of course but Leipzig are much better positioned than any other German club to challenge Bayern going forward. Not just in regards to the 50+1 rule, they have a network of feeder clubs and its impressive how they attract young talent by giving them contracts with relatively low release clauses.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:36 pm
Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 pm
If leipzig challenge Bayern I would be stunned. They have dominated that league for 40 years and only twice in all that time have they been even semi challenged and that was dortmund 10 years ago but that was only down to klopp and before that SV Hamburg c40 years ago.

BM are an absolute monster and are now the world's 3rd richest club ahead of MU. To challenge IMO is to do what City have done and permanently reshape the landscape and not what BD did by winning back to back bundesligas as impressive as that was BECAUSE Bayern are about to make it 9/9 since then

Time will tell of course but Leipzig are much better positioned than any other German club to challenge Bayern going forward. Not just in regards to the 50+1 rule, they have a network of feeder clubs and its impressive how they attract young talent by giving them contracts with relatively low release clauses.

Time always tells of course and leipzig have done amazingly well but overcoming the behemoth that is bayern is something else. I would love to see it happen because 9/9 is a joke of a league in terms of interest. I liken it to lowering your handicap in golf. Going from 36 to 10 is far easier than going from 5 to scratch. The higher up you go the tougher it gets. My money is on bayern and in this instance the "trend" is most definitely you're friend IMO
Kai

Looks like huge protests tomorrow from Liverpool fans as well, despite Klopp and Henderson fully backing the owners today.
Derek27

They're talking about punishing the men behind it as though it was a failed military coup!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:23 pm
Looks like huge protests tomorrow from Liverpool fans as well, despite Klopp and Henderson fully backing the owners today.

Perfect excuse for the any excuse for a riot brigade to turn up
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 pm
Kai wrote:

Aye, they might even sing the new Ozan Kabak song at some point, been stuck in my head all day :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVDkVSGIv4

At the end of the day these owners might be best owners you can realistically get, the lesser of all the evils.

I'd definitely prefer being a cash cow instead of a sportswashing machine.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 pm
Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 pm
Kai wrote:

Aye, they might even sing the new Ozan Kabak song at some point, been stuck in my head all day :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVDkVSGIv4

At the end of the day these owners might be best owners you can realistically get, the lesser of all the evils.

I'd definitely prefer being a cash cow instead of a sportswashing machine.
Absolutely... Fenway sports or Mike Ashley... That wouldn't be a hard decision would it :)
Kai

Besides, I've taken the liking to Linda Pizzuti anyway :) John Henry really doesn't mess about when it comes to trophies :D

Morbius

I can hear the news item now... Nobody suspected the respected betangel regular kai until it became serious and she started receiving dirty texts after he hacked her phone. At the police interview he cited a lack of European success for dinamo Zagreb and going from champions to 6th inside a year... His lawyers pleaded for leniency :o
Kai

Wow, not bad but I'd have to shower after such a dirty thought :)
Morbius

In response to something Derek said... Don't you find a fascinating correlation between the reaction to the ESL and over reactions in betting markets full stop to news items. Clearly the reaction had to be strong to get the message across but Derek's analogy with a failed military coup seems accurate to me

Thank god for the media and their love of a good story and their fantastic ability to blow something up to create value :)
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 am
Don't you find a fascinating correlation between the reaction to the ESL and over reactions in betting markets full stop to news items.
Not really, think I'm used to the overractions by now, the markets get spooked if you so much as sneeze :lol:
Morbius

Fool proof plan to prevent the demonstrations (riots) tomorrow... Just spread the word that 200 spartak ultras are turning up :lol:
Morbius

I've spoken to two arsenal fans who wanted the ESL to happen. Well they would seeing as a 500m injection would elevate them to a level that arteta is never going to get them to or anybody else for that matter. Cause and effect... The cash MAY just have made arsenal "super" :lol:
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:49 am
I've spoken to two arsenal fans who wanted the ESL to happen. Well they would seeing as a 500m injection would elevate them to a level that arteta is never going to get them to or anybody else for that matter. Cause and effect... The cash MAY just have made arsenal "super" :lol:
Well I spoke to BOTH of the Man City fans, and they were absolutely terrified of getting kicked out of CL when they finally have a chance of winning it :D

Return to “Football trading”