First goalscorer no goalscorer

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
lostcause

I am aware that the correct score 0:0 market and over under 0.5 goals market are in reality the same market. I was wondering if the first goal scorer no goalscorer was the same. I'm assuming the own goals rule means it is not but I am not clear on this and if there is any way (strategy) of trading between this market and the other two.
I would appreciate some clarification if anyone is knowledgeable on the subject.
Derek27

lostcause wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:02 pm
I am aware that the correct score 0:0 market and over under 0.5 goals market are in reality the same market. I was wondering if the first goal scorer no goalscorer was the same. I'm assuming the own goals rule means it is not but I am not clear on this and if there is any way (strategy) of trading between this market and the other two.
I would appreciate some clarification if anyone is knowledgeable on the subject.
Hi lostcause and welcome to the forum. In the Southampton v Leicester match tonight there would be an arbing opportunity if it was the same market, but as you alluded to it's not.

Which player will score first?
This is an incomplete market and additional runners may be added. Bets will be voided on any player who takes no part in the match or who comes on as substitute after the first goal has been scored. Own goals do not count for First Goalscorer settlement purposes and are ignored. Subsequent appeals or rulings will not be considered. This market will be suspended after the first goal in the game, regardless of who scores and including own goals.
All bets apply to Full Time according to the match officials, plus any stoppage time. Extra-time/penalty shoot-outs are not included.

As far as I can tell from those rules, an own goal that results in a 1-0 final score would mean CS 0-0 and Under 0.5 would be losers but no goalscorer would be a winner.
lostcause

Thanks for clearing that up Derek

Return to “Football trading”