Soccer Poisson database

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ilovepizza82

Ah yes. Didnt notice that. Thanks again Derek ! Great help !
nivi7

what can be more useless in betting than Poisson?
just try an online Poisson calculator for a 100 games
see it for yourself
Derek27

nivi7 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:15 am
what can be more useless in betting than Poisson?
just try an online Poisson calculator for a 100 games
see it for yourself
Remember your first post?
nivi7 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 pm
hello everyone

what i want is to learn Excel in order to analyze football data and applying formulas like Poisson distribution,Elo ratings etc and get as an out come probabilities

where should i start ?

Are there people who offering tutorials specifically for sport betting or smth?
Poisson is completely useless to people who can't make sense of the data and take the probabilities literally. It's not the data but your interpretation of it that's important. Yours may be different to mine.

I look forward to your usual insult. :)
neilb

One man's meat is another mans poisson.
nivi7

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 am

Remember your first post?

I look forward to your usual insult. :)
welp
i did respond to your trolling with insults in all the occasions you ruined my threads

but i would never go so far to compare the level of beting you re today with the level of a newbie and ignorant of betting -
which i was when i made that post and believing in snake oils like kelly kriterion,Poisson etc-

but apparently you re :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
damn you son
Derek27

I've upgraded the front-end database and Excel template. The setup now has a scoreboard for updating the current score and a countdown timer with a start/stop toggle button (first worksheet only). The prices/probabilities are now based on the Poisson mass function for the time remaining of the game. You can adjust the minutes remaining at any time or take a peek into a future point in the match, like Soccer Mystic. It's not quite the same as SM as the spreadsheet will be ignorant of current prices and purely based on goal expectation. Might be useful for matches that don't have the markets required for SM. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri May 28, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darchas

Great work - really good of you to share Derek.
footysystems

Possion underestimate the draw Derick :shock:
Derek27

footysystems wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 pm
I'm well aware of that. I've become more of an under/overs man. :D
footysystems

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:43 pm
footysystems wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 pm
I'm well aware of that. I've become more of an under/overs man. :D
Tricky Derek but good luck
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:32 pm
I've upgraded the front-end database and Excel template. The setup now has a scoreboard for updating the current score and a countdown timer with a start/stop toggle button (first worksheet only). The prices/probabilities are now based on the Poisson mass function for the time remaining of the game. You can adjust the minutes remaining at any time or take a peek into a future point in the match, like Soccer Mystic. It's not quite the same as SM as the spreadsheet will be ignorant of current prices and purely based on goal expectation. Might be useful for matches that don't have the markets required for SM. :D
It's beginning to sound a lot Christm.... Soccer Mystic.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
That must have taken a fair bit or work, thanks for sharing mate 👍
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
That must have taken a fair bit or work, thanks for sharing mate 👍
+1

Apart from "mate". I don't think we have that status :D
Derek27

Tedious going through all the formulas but otherwise the modification was quite simple. :)
Silverthorn

Awesome job Derek. thanks soo Much. What a Fantastic tool!! You just gave my Soccer Trading a shot in the arm. Took a LOT of setting up and just a tad of tweaking to suit my system but so much easier selecting suitable events now!! :D

Return to “Football trading”