Wolves v Man United

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:46 pm
Sounds like Spurs need some new players not a new manager!
So the Nuno/Mendes double act would fit nicely at Spurs.
Spurs need to refresh the squad, perhaps even need to replace a top striker.
But would Levy relinquish oversight of recruitment?
Wolf1877

Great manager for us but things have gone very stale this season.
Thanks for everything Nuno. Some great memories. Sadly I didnt get a ticket to see Nuno off on Sunday.
greenmark

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:15 pm
Great manager for us but things have gone very stale this season.
Thanks for everything Nuno. Some great memories. Sadly I didnt get a ticket to see Nuno off on Sunday.
This season has increased the pressure on mid-table teams. But Wolves have done well. Losing Jota was a problem and injuries haven't helped.
If Lage is the next manager who knows what might happen. 67% win rate is impressive. But in the Premier League money = success. Whoever comes in will do well to match Nuno.
Morbius

Given his stock and the landscape of the Premier league at the moment then there's really only 3 clubs he can go to if he chooses to stay in England. A combination of the other clubs not being big enough (unless he was promised big funding) and clubs being happy with their managers.

I think Arteta at Arsenal is gone and I would be stunned to see him there next season. No way Levy is handing a permanent contract to Ryan Mason but the only other I can see is Everton if they fail to keep Ancellotti so it's Arsenal.. Spurs or Everton for Nuno and I would be surprised to see him leave the Premier League given his record in it. All three clubs would be getting a manager who is well respected and admired by players and knows how to win games in this league and still has massive energy for the job.
greenmark

Morbius wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:22 pm
Given his stock and the landscape of the Premier league at the moment then there's really only 3 clubs he can go to if he chooses to stay in England. A combination of the other clubs not being big enough (unless he was promised big funding) and clubs being happy with their managers.

I think Arteta at Arsenal is gone and I would be stunned to see him there next season. No way Levy is handing a permanent contract to Ryan Mason but the only other I can see is Everton if they fail to keep Ancellotti so it's Arsenal.. Spurs or Everton for Nuno and I would be surprised to see him leave the Premier League given his record in it. All three clubs would be getting a manager who is well respected and admired by players and knows how to win games in this league and still has massive energy for the job.
I think we all expect Nuno to step into a top six club. Spurs is the only opening. I don't think Arteta is done yet. He has personnel issues and I imagine he has told his boss. TBF an Arsenal overhaul is long overdue and they have the resources to do it, if not the will.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:31 pm
He has personnel issues and I imagine he has told his boss.

They would be sympathetic to his personal issues... (I am assuming you meant personal and not personnel) but that wouldn't change their decision one iota. All they would look at is results on the pitch and two seasons running they haven't got near the top four. They obviously want more than that because they got rid of Emery. Personal issues on top just gives them an extra reason to sack him... Not to keep him. These people are cold and mercenary businessmen and if you have personal issues then you better be bringing something good to the table to counter balance that and he hasn't.
greenmark

I did mean personnel issues. Its a big squad thats less than impressive.
I agree time is running out for Arteta. But perhaps they'll allow some rejigging over the summer then see how next season starts.
6 into 4 won't go, so two of the big clubs have to be disappointed each year.
But no top four since 2015/16 says it all really.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:02 am
I did mean personnel issues. Its a big squad thats less than impressive.
I agree time is running out for Arteta. But perhaps they'll allow some rejigging over the summer then see how next season starts.
6 into 4 won't go, so two of the big clubs have to be disappointed each year.
But no top four since 2015/16 says it all really.

OK.. Wasn't sure if it was a typo as I know it's well documented that he spends a lot of time away from his family and iirc he has had threats on social media. Arsenal are desperate to get that top 4 back hence why Emery went so rapidly and in a shorter time frame. It's only the FA Cup win that's prolonged it otherwise he probably would have been gone already but unfortunately arsenal have manufactured their own demise with getting rid of very experienced managers and replacing them with what is effectively a trainee. Their only justification for hiring him really was to allow a young energetic new manager time to grow into the job but the necessity for results in the modern game dictates that you don't get time. If they were diluting their ambitions I could understand it but they're not because Emery went after 18 months with better results.

They finished 5th in his only full season in charge just 1pt off top 4. They finished 10pts off it last year and are currently 8pts off it. IMO the cup win cannot affect that not when you can get to a last 8 or last 4 having played nobody. If he survives, they would have still be lining up alternatives because he hasn't done enough personnel or otherwise to merit anything else. What Arsenal owners want is a more experienced manager who can wring more out of less. They rolled the dice with Arteta and at this stage its not working
rhysc

No fernandes or cavani too.

Not sure how much more this market will move but lovely little trade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finau

Think maybe a tad more in it but that may be me just being a greedy c***. Overall pretty stress free!
rhysc

I exited already but if wolves steadily drift back up to where they were this morning I’ll get back onboard. Fear this leakage won’t allow it.
Euler

Price was almost certain to retrace as people cash out positions. But a nice trade!
footysystems

What looks to good to be true always is. Even an underrated utd team win. But well done the scalpers
Finau

footysystems wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:57 pm
What looks to good to be true always is. Even an underrated utd team win. But well done the scalpers
We will get there eventually me old fruitcake
footysystems

Finau wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:59 pm
footysystems wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:57 pm
We will get there eventually me old fruitcake
Me old fruit cake not heard that for years 🤣

Return to “Football trading”