When do stats become relevant?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
tar1234

The European leagues will be kicking off before we know it and I have a question for the experienced football traders on here.

After how many games would you start paying attention to a teams stats (say for instance goal times)? Is there a point in the season where things will level out and we get less anomalies?

Furthermore do the behaviours of teams tend to continue from season to season? Would a team that scored x amount of goals in the last 30 minutes of games last season, continue that trend the following season, assuming they have the same manager and roughly the same set of players?
SupremedJones

Good question, in my opinion 8 games in the season would be the limit minimum. 4 at home, 4 away. You could check some stats from the previous season to back things up probably (keeping in mind there where no fans).
tar1234

Cheers mate. A few writers/podcasters in the gambling world suggest game week 7 is where things start to settle down so don’t think you’re to far off.
Realrocknrolla

I have ONE strategy from 16 games - mid season

I am piss poor at the beginning of the season with it, so don’t even touch the strategy until minimum 16 games.

Last season produced 95% SR on the second half of the season.

Can’t wait for the football season to kick in.

Return to “Football trading”