Qatar 🇶🇦 World 🌍 Cup 2022

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
greenmark

This Belguim performance has all the hallmarks of a manager that's in the midst of a mutiny.
Batshuayi appeared not have read the script.
But I'm staying in to see what happens. I may well regret it.
Dublin_Flyer

Every chance that Canada get on goal, seems to end up at the foot of a player better suited to being a punter for a crap NFL team. You'd swear they never even expected to get a shot on goal so bypassed shooting in all training sessions.
.....cue some Canadian is probably going to bang in a 35yd knuckleball worldie to make me look like a silly goose :lol:
greenmark

Had enough of this and cashed out. Now I can just enjoy it. It really is all over the shop. Belguim do not look like 2nd in the world.
Derek27

I forgot to cancel a small bet on Canada at 690. It got matched and now they're below 400. It seems their price didn't change much after going a goal down.
callum1622

Saw William Hill still had 50/1 for Ferran Torres golden boot after his first (maybe second) goal so had a £1 bet on it (the max they would give me after restrictions). They've now emailed me to see it was their mistake and they will keep the bet but settle at 14/1 if it wins... UK gambling industry is a joke :/
greenmark

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:29 pm
Every chance that Canada get on goal, seems to end up at the foot of a player better suited to being a punter for a crap NFL team. You'd swear they never even expected to get a shot on goal so bypassed shooting in all training sessions.
.....cue some Canadian is probably going to bang in a 35yd knuckleball worldie to make me look like a silly goose :lol:
It's been a weird WC so far. Seems the FIFA ranking gaps mean nothing. Perhaps game 2 will clear the fog and we'll get a better grip on the real contenders. Perhaps.
Jeez ,just turned into Trump by repeating a phrase or word for effect. I apologise profusely.
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:17 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:29 pm
It's been a weird WC so far. Seems the FIFA ranking gaps mean nothing. Perhaps game 2 will clear the fog and we'll get a better grip on the real contenders. Perhaps.
Jeez ,just turned into Trump by repeating a phrase or word for effect. I apologise profusely.
You'll be ordering a MEGA cap and T-Shirt if England reach the final :P
jamesedwards

callum1622 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:14 pm
Saw William Hill still had 50/1 for Ferran Torres golden boot after his first (maybe second) goal so had a £1 bet on it (the max they would give me after restrictions). They've now emailed me to see it was their mistake and they will keep the bet but settle at 14/1 if it wins... UK gambling industry is a joke :/
Surely they gave you an option to cancel the bet if 14/1 was unacceptable to you?
Derek27

German minister sat next to FIFA president and madman, with a one-love armband.

1700544_1.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callum1622

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:41 pm
callum1622 wrote:
Surely they gave you an option to cancel the bet if 14/1 was unacceptable to you?
Nope. They said this: "In this case we will settle your selection at the best genuine price available in the market at the time your bet was placed. In this case that was 14/1." Ive responded to at least void it (Betvictor doing 20/1 haha) but more the principal how they can get away with it so casually that frustrates me...
Derek27

callum1622 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:44 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
callum1622 wrote:
Nope. They said this: "In this case we will settle your selection at the best genuine price available in the market at the time your bet was placed. In this case that was 14/1." Ive responded to at least void it (Betvictor doing 20/1 haha) but more the principal how they can get away with it so casually that frustrates me...
Was it obviously overpriced? They probably rely on their "palpable error" clause in the R&R.
Archangel

Frankie boyle
"If the England team really want to show solidarity with lgbt they should suck each other off to the national anthem." :lol:
Dublin_Flyer

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:57 pm
1700544_1.gif
I don't think there's anything to stop the players wearing rainbow coloured under-shirts or bra-top things that have the motion sensor monitor things inside and pulling their shirts over their heads after they scored. It's not removing the shirt so not a yellow card offence.
Credit to the Germans, the hands over the mouth at the team picture is the best protest so far!
Derek27

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:57 pm
1700544_1.gif
I don't think there's anything to stop the players wearing rainbow coloured under-shirts or bra-top things that have the motion sensor monitor things inside and pulling their shirts over their heads after they scored. It's not removing the shirt so not a yellow card offence.
Credit to the Germans, the hands over the mouth at the team picture is the best protest so far!
FIFA has threatened sanctions to anyone wearing the armband but refused to say what or to what severity, so an after-match yellow card would be a real risk that most teams won't want to take. But I agree, smart move by the Germans and the German minister. That FIFA president must feel a right tit. :lol:
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:03 pm
callum1622 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:44 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Was it obviously overpriced? They probably rely on their "palpable error" clause in the R&R.
But palpable error does not equal "we're going to keep your money and give you a shit price". How can they not at least offer a void bet?

Return to “Football trading”