Players on 4 bookings

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Mustard1969

Has anybody any research into the situation when a Premier league player is on 4 bookings and has 1 league game to go before a less important cup tie when the manager would make several changes. If that player picks up a booking in that league game he would be suspended for the cup tie but probably rested anyway. However he has eliminated any chance of missing a future league game through suspension.
sionascaig

I'd be careful about making any assumptions about bookings.... Last time I looked bookings were up by 20% in preml vs last year and 30% on year before. And if you look across the big 5 euro leagues there is a huge difference between them - ligue 1 in particular can have a v high number of bookings relative to other leagues...

The situation you describe is more likely (and does) happen in spanish & italian leagues as players go out of their way to get a booking to avoid a game...

There was a very strange one recently in PremL when Xhaka went out his way to get a booking (should have been sent off for tackles but eventually got booked for time wasting)... Think he accounted for over 95% of cards market before kick-off c35k matched in a market that usually only has a couple of k matched if that - i posted something in footy thread about it before kick-off...

Return to “Football trading”