Goal Profits and SoccerStats

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Malanno0

Hi guys, until now I used Soccerstats, flashscore and trade on sports to analyze the matches. I was wondering if it's worth to try Goal Profits instead of soccerstats. I never used it before, I've just seen some videos, do you think there are some really good tools on GP that are worth the price?
Euler

I'm not familiar with half these services as I do all my own research and lots of stuff is available for free.

If you can indicate what sort of data you are looking for, you may find it available already out there.
Trader Pat

Malanno0 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 am
Hi guys, until now I used Soccerstats, flashscore and trade on sports to analyze the matches. I was wondering if it's worth to try Goal Profits instead of soccerstats. I never used it before, I've just seen some videos, do you think there are some really good tools on GP that are worth the price?
I used to have a subscription to Goal Profits way back when I first started to trade.

It depends what you want from the service but if its just the stats you're after then as Peter has said that information is readily available across multiple websites and you can correlate it yourself with the help of Power Query so imo its not worth subscribing to for that reason.

The strategies that were used when I was a member were basically backing and laying numerous scores in the CS markets pre-match on games in high scoring leagues like Holland and then laying the current score in-Play on HT and FT markets. Bottom line you're betting on goals being scored. He used to have a P&L graph on his website but it doesn't seem to be there anymore for his strategies which looked impressive but the problem was it was very hard to replicate his results. He would post the matches to trade the night before in the chat room and tell you what scores to back and what scores to lay (which were always the same). The problem was he didn't always post what trades he was doing in play in real time. Understandable if you're trading several matches at once but I can remember quite a few people taking issue with that especially if they weren't interested in stats and just wanted to copy his trades. If people complained he basically just told them that the stats are there so if you work a bit harder you can interpret them for yourself.

I wouldn't recommend it. As I said there are dozens of websites with all this information already out there. Rather than coughing up a monthly subscription spend a few hours learning power query and scrape the data from those other websites.
Derek27

Malanno0 wrote:
Personally, I don't think it's worth paying for detailed stats/info when you're new to trading. There's enough detail in the free stuff to boggle newbies' minds! Get a feel for using free data and finding out what you want or need before you consider paying for information.
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:19 pm
Malanno0 wrote:
Personally, I don't think it's worth paying for detailed stats/info when you're new to trading. There's enough detail in the free stuff to boggle newbies' minds! Get a feel for using free data and finding out what you want or need before you consider paying for information.
+1

Here's a footy site I recommend. (Free)

https://footystats.org/?date=1641600000

Focus on league games, and the PPG Home/Away figures. Look for match ups where there's an imbalance and the odds are backable/layable.
madgoose1

soccerstatstracker is free and has a fair bit of information
LuisPedro

I have been using goals profits for some months and it is good, good quality information, we customise filters and save them and apply to the daily games to get instant the games you are looking for. The in-play stats are very good too.
They also explained basic and advanced trading strategies.

However I do find the price a bit expensive, I am paying about £99 per 3 months, not too bad but still a bit on the top side.

I read weeks ago that a new soccer website is coming this year, nothing fancy but is seem will have a lot of info with a monthly subscription around £5, lot cheaper!
moonspi87

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:19 pm
Malanno0 wrote:
+1

Here's a footy site I recommend. (Free)

https://footystats.org/?date=1641600000

Focus on league games, and the PPG Home/Away figures. Look for match ups where there's an imbalance and the odds are backable/layable.
Thanks for that website. Quite a lot useful stats for free there.

Return to “Football trading”