AFCON 2021

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Surprised to see the draw so low on the Cameroon game,1.66 with 25 minutes to go.

As it stands Cape Verde need to win
Kai

What's up with some of these low priced draws?
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:20 pm
What's up with some of these low priced draws?
Probably the added confusion of the four best 3rd placed teams also qualifying.

E.g. Algeria need to beat Ivory Coast to qualify so if they were losing midway through the second half and the other game was level you could see both teams taking their foot off the gas. In that situation a point would be enough for both Eq Guinea and Sierra Leone
Kai

There were some draw shenanigans on the Euros as well, remember one match going below evens at one point, and then back!
Trader Pat

I don't normally cheer against teams but I really hope Algeria don't win this game and have to go home. The histrionics in the first 14 minutes of the game is just embarrassing. 3 different players hitting the deck pretending to be elbowed in the face.
Trader Pat

The draw price in the Eq Guinea - Sierra Leone match just after Ivory Coast take the lead against Algeria. Draw backers not sure what to do!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm
I don't normally cheer against teams but I really hope Algeria don't win this game and have to go home. The histrionics in the first 14 minutes of the game is just embarrassing. 3 different players hitting the deck pretending to be elbowed in the face.
Why people do that when they're on camera with a million-odd people watching is beyond me. The powers that be really need to crack down hard on this.
MobiusGrey

Having not watched much football recently but now my horse racing betting days are numbered and I'm dabbling in the football markets more thought I'd give the AFCON a shot. I've seen a few posts here talking about some pretty shonky decisions, literally the first match I watch is just off the wall. Ref blows for full time, then seems to give a penalty before awarding a free kick? Makes the Prem look positively well officiated.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:53 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm
Why people do that when they're on camera with a million-odd people watching is beyond me. The powers that be really need to crack down hard on this.
Yeah there really should be retrospective action taken against this, it's proper cheating.

Particularly annoying when a player hits the deck holding his face even though any slight contact was with the back of his head :!:
Trader Pat

MobiusGrey wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:57 pm
Having not watched much football recently but now my horse racing betting days are numbered and I'm dabbling in the football markets more thought I'd give the AFCON a shot. I've seen a few posts here talking about some pretty shonky decisions, literally the first match I watch is just off the wall. Ref blows for full time, then seems to give a penalty before awarding a free kick? Makes the Prem look positively well officiated.
Yeah some shocking decisions but what I'm really loving about the officials at this years AFCON is how they take no crap from players.

In the game today when one of the Ivory Coast players got in the refs face the ref just got in his face too and didn't take a backward step, would love to see some of that in the Premier League. Most of the Premier League refs look terrified in that situation and just keep walking backwards.
MobiusGrey

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:13 pm

Yeah some shocking decisions but what I'm really loving about the officials at this years AFCON is how they take no crap from players.

In the game today when one of the Ivory Coast players got in the refs face the ref just got in his face too and didn't take a backward step, would love to see some of that in the Premier League. Most of the Premier League refs look terrified in that situation and just keep walking backwards.
Just not quite the same when it's Jonathan Moss fronting up a player, to be fair I'd love it for someone to stick one on him.
MobiusGrey

Or Mike Dean actually.
footysystems

How on god's earth did Gambia win and I had no money in the market :lol: I am not watching anymore of this carnage :?
Trader Pat

First penalty shootout of the games

10 of 19 penalties have been missed so far in AFCON, shootout should be fun!
Derek27

I hope covid's not going to ruin the games.

Return to “Football trading”