AFCON 2021

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:01 pm
I haven't got the enthusiasm for the next match; I'm off to White Hart Lane.
Meanwhile, Barca and Real are currently playing the Spanish Supercup in Saudi Arabia of all places, they really have sold their souls and want everyone else to do the same SMH

Imagine playing the community shield at places like Qatar!
Don't tell me you wouldn't go to Saudi Arabia to stay with Ivanka.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:01 pm
I haven't got the enthusiasm for the next match; I'm off to White Hart Lane.
Meanwhile, Barca and Real are currently playing the Spanish Supercup in Saudi Arabia of all places, they really have sold their souls and want everyone else to do the same SMH

Imagine playing the community shield at places like Qatar!
Don't tell me you wouldn't go to Saudi Arabia to stay with Ivanka.
Don't really fancy her anymore, turns out she's a bit of a snob :)
Trader Pat

Another 1-0 but respect to the players of Cameroon for coming out as non-binary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

I've seen every team play now but not sure I want to see most of them play again!

Second round of fixtures starts today so it should be a bit more open.
Derek27

“In relation to the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations match between Tunisia and Mali played in Limbe on 12 January 2022, CAF is gathering all the necessary reports from the officials at the match. CAF is forwarding these documents to the competent bodies of CAF. ( :lol: :lol: ) At this stage, CAF is not in a position to make further comment until the responsible bodies indicate the way forward.”

I'd love to see the ref's report and find out what the hell he was thinking!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm
“In relation to the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations match between Tunisia and Mali played in Limbe on 12 January 2022, CAF is gathering all the necessary reports from the officials at the match. CAF is forwarding these documents to the competent bodies of CAF. ( :lol: :lol: ) At this stage, CAF is not in a position to make further comment until the responsible bodies indicate the way forward.”

Excuses are being made already. One legitimate excuse is there was no clock at the stadium but not sure why VAR didn't get in his ear and tell him the time. Other reason being floated is he was suffering from heat stroke.

My absolute favourite part of this is the fact that the ref is a maths teacher! :lol:
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm

Excuses are being made already. One legitimate excuse is there was no clock at the stadium but not sure why VAR didn't get in his ear and tell him the time. Other reason being floated is he was suffering from heat stroke.

My absolute favourite part of this is the fact that the ref is a maths teacher! :lol:
Heat stroke sounds like a valid excuse - you have to take your hat off to the fitness of these guys, but it would be nice if he just handed the rains to one of the assistants and walked off. Embarrassing maybe, but not nearly as embarrassing as what he did.
footysystems

Reins Derick come on lad learn to spell please 😂😂😂
Kai

Apparently the referee for the Mali-Tunisia match suffered a heatstroke, which would explain the weird officiating
Trader Pat

In a match that had drinks break in each half it doesn't say much for his conditioning.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:05 pm
In a match that had drinks break in each half it doesn't say much for his conditioning.
Bit harsh Pat, glad to see you didn't suffer an aneurysm yourself after the Liverpool match
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:09 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:05 pm
Bit harsh Pat, glad to see you didn't suffer an aneurysm yourself after the Liverpool match
:lol:

If I was to suffer an aneurysm everytime Liverpool failed to press home an advantage I'd be dead by now!

I don't think its harsh. Like I said there were drinks breaks in each half and the ref is from Zambia, so he knows about hot weather. It's not like he was flown in from Iceland to ref the game. The refs also know in advance what the conditions are going to be like so if it was heat stroke then that's down to poor preparation on his part. Watching the game he didn't look like he was struggling at any stage though.

Seems more likely that he forgot to add on the time for the drinks break. Or maybe he just got bored, in the second half of that match the ball was in play for less than 18 minutes. Maybe he'd seen enough!
Derek27

I wish they had an o/u market for 3 games combined. ;)
Derek27

Sky's a good 12 seconds behind on the Senegal match.
Derek27

Under 0.5 price went from 4 to 5 with that Guinea attack. Somehow I wasn't expecting a goal. :lol:

Return to “Football trading”