Hi you clever folks! Who can help a Newbie out?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
unarealte

hey crazy traders!
newbie here :)
see pic related ... League One playoff final this weekend .... my season bet can come in for £1500 ... or cash out now for £775 ... or nothing if Wycombe are promoted instead of Sunderland (i don't want nothing).
I figure that there's an in-play betting strategy for me here. What would that be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

There must be other selections in your bet? Presume they have already won? If so then you can lay Sunderland at around 1.62 to make a guaranteed £900-odd whichever wins.
sund.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
unarealte

Yes, the others already won - 2021 Danish League and Irish League and some other favourites.

I wondered about something involving Wycombe+1 in 90mins at 7/10. Probably what you say is the right idea.
MattP

Don't try to be too clever and risk losing both. If you have around £600 in Betfair you can hedge it yourself for over £100 more than Hills are offering you.

You would be laying Sunderland on the exchange for around £950 which needs £592 cash due to being odds-on. You could lay less and get more if your bet wins. If you lay £500 then you get £500 if they lose or around £1200 for the win, only needs around £300 balance in Betfair.

I've attached a screenshot from a matched betting calculator. Double check I've got the decimal odds correct and I've assumed 5% commission. Copy the link and play with the numbers or look at part lay amounts.

Well done. Nice bet!
MattP

Remember to lay in the Promotion market and not the match market (90 mins only).

Return to “Football trading”