Protect second late goal

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Guid

Hi guys,

Are there people here who trade on soccer matches and can handle situations where the first goal got scored around the 20th minute and the second goal got scored around the 70-80 minute?

I start my trades with lay over 1.5 market and can hardly deal with a second goal in the late minutes. How can I deal with this situation?

Regards, Guido.
soccernurds

Hello. You could just look at the entry and exit as moments in time reflected on the odds curve. You always have the option to enter or exit a trade. Is it really that risky to stay with the bet during that time? And if so why not reverse the trade? "Protecting" a trade is just a way to keep you focused on the match and not give yourself a chance to exit mentally from it, but if you have some real science based conclusions about certain situations then you should be acting on them.

If you want to stay in the game and lower your risk you can simply lower your risk by pulling some profits out, or make small bets on the next score line, on one more goal, etc, but without the numbers on your side its just taking a pill against the anxiety.
Derek27

Guid wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:17 pm
Hi guys,

Are there people here who trade on soccer matches and can handle situations where the first goal got scored around the 20th minute and the second goal got scored around the 70-80 minute?

I start my trades with lay over 1.5 market and can hardly deal with a second goal in the late minutes. How can I deal with this situation?

Regards, Guido.
There are two possible options. You either accept a loss that may be outweighed by profits or you consider greening up before the 70th minute. As goals are often scored in the last 20 minutes any strategy that can't cope with it would have to have worthwhile profits the rest of the time.

Return to “Football trading”