Erling Haaland in the Premier League

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Jukebox

Just six games into the season and already 10 goals. He is likely to be setting many new records in our league.
I'm no Man City fan but but I am looking forward to seeing what he might achieve here.
I believe this young striker is going to be deserving of a thread of his own.
lotora

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:24 am
I'm no Man City fan
Not me either, but I'm Norwegian, and he is our first world class player ever, way above Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Euler

I must admit, I wasn't sure if he would transfer his skills over the to the premier league, but he has and Man City are obviously well structured around that now.
Jukebox

Three hatricks in eight PL games - seems to be settling in quite well.
wearthefoxhat

Apparently he's a Leeds fan, so hopefully he'll take it easy on them when they meet up... :?
Emmson

Scandinavians tend to work over here, even Zlatan in his short stay, there not delicate creatures who will be affronted by a Tuesday night at Stoke in February. :D
Archangel

Whats the premier league record goals in one season?

Surely he is odds on to smash that at this rate
Jukebox

Archangel wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:25 pm
Whats the premier league record goals in one season?

Surely he is odds on to smash that at this rate
34 goals 93/94 Cole
34 Goals 94/95 Shearer

Ps Owen was top scorer of 98/99 with just 18
Last edited by Jukebox on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Realrocknrolla

He was last in the queue when they were handing out looks….
Kai

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:36 pm
Monitored Haaland since he joined Salzburg, monster player, I'd even prefer him over Mbappe. Haaland has a cousin called Albert Tjaaland (17), kid is following in his footsteps with 64 goals in 37 games. And is a Liverpool fan :)
Redditors couldn't stop talking about this guy years ago so I followed his development as well. When Dortmund went for him you just knew other top clubs missed a trick there...

Dortmund are brilliant at what they do, their scouting department and overall transfer strategy, pinching an English talent like Bellingham and selling him back to the richest football league is going to be another masterstroke. Either that or someone like Real gets involved.
Swadler8

i think man utd had the chance to sign him when he was at molde. i dont know if his dad would have been a fan of him going to man utd but his relationship with ole defo seemed to have rubbed off on his finishing chops. like if you put ole gunnar and ruud into 1 player.
Crazyskier

I'm also not a City fan, however you can't but admire what this massive centre forward is achieving. I was just astonished watching the derby yesterday.

And yes, if he stays fit, he'll surely be on for 40+ goals this PL season.

CS
Kai

City have basically made it impossible for Haaland to turn them down, by paying off his dad with ridiculous agent fees that go over 40mil, he pockets most of it so his family is set for life and they're already hinting they could repeat something like that in a couple years time, with his dad saying it would be nice if Erling could play in multiple leagues. Yes Alfie Haaland, that would indeed be very nice, for you especially :lol:

Despite a lower transfer fee I don't think other clubs were prepared to do that. City are no doubt hoping that raising agent fees higher will give them the edge over others, but FIFA wants to put a stop to this nonsense by capping agent fees to only 10% of the transfer fee and 3% of the player's salary.
Euler

Haaland has slotted right in to the team. If you look at that pass from De Bruyne, not only was it a great pass but he knew Haaland would get onto it. It's that sort of thing that makes a great team.
Archangel

Would City struggle if Haaland was sidelined for an extended period? Seeing as they got rid of Sterling and Jesus

Return to “Football trading”