Football Musings

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
wearthefoxhat

Man City edged 2nd half, and took their opportunity.

ManCvArseFT.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Just looked at the Australian game Central Coast v Western Sydney, both teams in the top 3 and it was a real ripper.

Of course no offical Xg stats, but that's not a problem... ;)

CCMvWSW.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Half-Time score looks about right.

FACUPBvL.png
wearthefoxhat

Yep, could see that goal coming...Fair result.

FTBvLiv.png
wearthefoxhat

Good old fashioned Cup game. Unlucky Wrexham.

WrexvSutd.png
stueytrader

Hi Fox, interesting work you've posted here, been interesting reading.

Just wondered, do you have any specific thoughts about the kind of second leg dead(ish) rubbers like this one in the cup tonight (Man U Nottingham F) home side already 3-0 lead?

I'm currently reasoning a comfortable win for home here, but are there other angles I wonder?
Michael5482

stueytrader wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:20 pm

Just wondered, do you have any specific thoughts about the kind of second leg dead(ish) rubbers like this one in the cup tonight (Man U Nottingham F) home side already 3-0 lead?

I'm currently reasoning a comfortable win for home here, but are there other angles I wonder?
Man Utd have a quite a few games coming up Saturday/Wednesday for the next month including Barcelona so they could rest 1 or 2 players tonight. Look out for the team news to see there intensions.
stueytrader

Michael5482 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:19 pm
stueytrader wrote:

Man Utd have a quite a few games coming up Saturday/Wednesday for the next month including Barcelona so they could rest 1 or 2 players tonight. Look out for the team news to see there intensions.
Cheers Michael - that's a fair point. Though Forrest are also missing quite a few due to injury/illness, so that might balance out somewhat.
wearthefoxhat

stueytrader wrote:

To me it's not really a betting proposition. Games like this with an easy 1st leg lead, big teams use it as a training exercise and practice defending for a clean sheet. If they score a couple of goals without picking up injuries along the way, then that's a bonus.

If Man Utd are 2-0 up at HT, then it'll likely be 4 or 5. If it's 0-0 at HT, it'll likely be 1-0 or 2-0.
wearthefoxhat

Good effort from Everton first half, should be ahead. A lot will depend on their energy levels second half and concentration levels.

EvevArse.png
wearthefoxhat

Result about right on balance. Could see that goal coming.

EvArsFT.png

Return to “Football trading”