Sports Trading Life

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Frogmella

"Sports Trading Life" (STL) are about to offer a package deal on what appears to be all their previous football trading premium products.

As usual, they don't reveal the price to buy until the last moment but I am sure it will cost about the same as three years Bet Angel subscription.

Does anyone here have experience of using STL's football products? Are they any good/value for money?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Kai

Frogmella wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:11 pm
"Sports Trading Life" (STL) are about to offer a package deal on what appears to be all their previous football trading premium products.
STL is basically the SNL of trading, you go to their channel if you want a laugh
Dallas

Just.........................

...............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
Dallas

In all seriousness do not part with a penny
Frogmella

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond guys.

Are your opinions based on first-hand experience of the STL products or is it just "common knowledge"? If the community knows that what STL are selling is expensive rubbish, perhaps a pinned section in the forum detailing exactly what they are selling and what makes it useless, would be helpful for all.

STL are certainly very slick and their marketing contains every single psychological sales-inducement trick I've ever encountered, which is what made me very suspicious in the first place.

But, since one can't get useable information on profitble trading freely, and seemingly, one can't reliably buy it either, I suppose I have to weigh up whether paying for information that doesn't work, all in one go, will be cheaper than finding out for myself what doesn't work by trial and error over many months in the markets.

A dilemma to be sure.
Dallas

Frogmella wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:11 pm
Thanks for taking the trouble to respond guys.

Are your opinions based on first-hand experience of the STL products or is it just "common knowledge"? If the community knows that what STL are selling is expensive rubbish, perhaps a pinned section in the forum detailing exactly what they are selling and what makes it useless, would be helpful for all.

STL are certainly very slick and their marketing contains every single psychological sales-inducement trick I've ever encountered, which is what made me very suspicious in the first place.

But, since one can't get useable information on profitble trading freely, and seemingly, one can't reliably buy it either, I suppose I have to weigh up whether paying for information that doesn't work, all in one go, will be cheaper than finding out for myself what doesn't work by trial and error over many months in the markets.

A dilemma to be sure.

Based on seeing what's in their products they are selling, I can say first hand there was nothing of any value or use in any of them, the information provided was either feely available elsewhere or in many cases just plain incorrect.

I suppose you could say they've sort of 'grouped' a lot of this free information into a nice package (as many other sellers do) so guess there some value in paying for free information that's nicely sorted for you
Frogmella

There is nothing "new" under the sun. Almost everything we know we learned from someone else. I am quite sure that applies to sports trading as it does to almost everything else.

If you want to master something new, usually someone has to be willing to share their knowledge either freely or paid. Solo innovation from scratch is usually very costly and very time-consuming. You always need SOME knowledge to even start.

I think Edison said, when asked if he felt defeated after years of research and 10,000 failed attempts to make a light-bulb, "No, because I have discovered 10,000 things that will not work". I wonder if, at the start of his experiments, he would have bought an expensive book from an engineer he didn't previously know, entitled, "9,500 ways how not to make a light-bulb".

I'm coming to the view that in sports trading its not actually "method" or "strategy" that is the most important, but rather it is event selection that matters most. All methods "work"... if applied to the right market. But nontheless it is helpful to have a range of methods at your disposal.
Kai

Frogmella wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:11 pm
I suppose I have to weigh up whether paying for information that doesn't work, all in one go, will be cheaper than finding out for myself what doesn't work by trial and error over many months in the markets.

A dilemma to be sure.
Won't get far buying ebook strategies from known scammers, not only do you waste money overpaying for outdated info you also waste time trialing obsolete strategies.

If/when hardstuck for trading ideas, best to stick to trading concepts that reputable traders actively showcase, there's bound to be a few of them for every niche. One good trading example can be enough to get the ball rolling in the right direction...
wearthefoxhat

Frogmella wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:06 pm

I think Edison said, when asked if he felt defeated after years of research and 10,000 failed attempts to make a light-bulb, "No, because I have discovered 10,000 things that will not work". I wonder if, at the start of his experiments, he would have bought an expensive book from an engineer he didn't previously know, entitled, "9,500 ways how not to make a light-bulb".
I like that quote, in the end Edison did find a way that worked...

swan.png

Reckon Edison would have done well marketing crypto scams in todays financial space....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Frogmella wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:06 pm

I'm coming to the view that in sports trading its not actually "method" or "strategy" that is the most important, but rather it is event selection that matters most. All methods "work"... if applied to the right market. But nontheless it is helpful to have a range of methods at your disposal.
Hence the saying Peter has frequently used for several years now

"For every strategy there is a market and for every market there is a strategy..... the job for a trader is to match those together"
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:18 am
Hence the saying Peter has frequently used for several years now

"For every strategy there is a market and for every market there is a strategy..... the job for a trader is to match those together"
That's one way. There's also strategies that aren't reliant on the type of sport let alone an event. There's almost as many ways to trade as there are traders.

Market selection is absolutely fine if you don't fall foul of backfitting and don't try to do it in real time. There's often a lack of understanding about statistical relevance and sample size and people see a few losing weeks on say 'handicaps' and then assume they're not suitable.

Imo there's more market similarities between events and sports than there are differences, it's all just supply and demand like every other asset that's traded. From talking to other traders the more interested they are in sport the more they perceive differences, and if they have little interest in it then then markets all look and act in pretty much the same way.

... And that links to scale and longevity. One strategy for all markets although much harder find will scale much better and accrue intelligence much faster than having dozens for every situation. We've all got our own story and methods but personally as soon as I stopped fitting markets to strategies I found my edge.

........ Aaaaand experience matters too, you can't watch a PW video and suddenly have 20yrs of the knowledge and subconscious subjectivity he has (which is why using his approach didn't work for me). Once you know the basics then you need to do your own thinking. Sorry for the long one, it's a pet subject as you can tell. Trading isn't prescriptive.
Kai

Realistically not many purchasable shortcuts to football trading, besides the £39999 Psychoff mentoring program.

No choice but to educate yourself on where the edge comes from, which trading concepts are still profitable and in use by active traders and how to get there yourself.
Emmson

Does this thread relate a short-legged omnivore?
Dallas

Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:13 pm
Does this thread relate a short-legged omnivore?
No, but the content is about the same par :)
Frogmella

Kai wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:11 pm
Realistically not many purchasable shortcuts to football trading, besides the £39999 Psychoff mentoring program.

No choice but to educate yourself on where the edge comes from, which trading concepts are still profitable and in use by active traders and how to get there yourself.
And you called STL "scammers"....lol.

Return to “Football trading”