New trader = knows nowt

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kodak_Gr33n

Alright guys,

Picked this up and put it back down during the pandemic after a heavy loss (Playing with big money, hadn't a fuckin' clue :lol: ) and now looking to take it a bit more seriously after getting my head round it. Been getting my picks from another trader for a few quid a month, looks as if he's using a software that spits out picks that suits his strategy's/criteria for profitable games. Doubt the guy would give me the knowledge on what it is he uses since I'm, well, paying him a monthly subscription. I'm probably paying for his monthly sub to use the fuckin' thing, bloody subscription inception :lol: . Anyways, this is what it looks like, if it looks familiar let me know, much appreciated :D :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Kodak_Gr33n wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:38 am
Alright guys,

Picked this up and put it back down during the pandemic after a heavy loss (Playing with big money, hadn't a fuckin' clue :lol: ) and now looking to take it a bit more seriously after getting my head round it. Been getting my picks from another trader for a few quid a month, looks as if he's using a software that spits out picks that suits his strategy's/criteria for profitable games. Doubt the guy would give me the knowledge on what it is he uses since I'm, well, paying him a monthly subscription. I'm probably paying for his monthly sub to use the fuckin' thing, bloody subscription inception :lol: . Anyways, this is what it looks like, if it looks familiar let me know, much appreciated :D :
Those figures are meaningless without an explanation of what they represent. If you're paying subs, such an explanation should come with the package.

Whatever you do, bet to small stakes until (if/when) you're profitable.
Kodak_Gr33n

Those figures are meaningless without an explanation of what they represent. If you're paying subs, such an explanation should come with the package.

[/quote]

In this case, it was picks for laying the draw. I've been disciplined with my staking since I am still learning, I am just trying to figure out what the software is, cutting out the middle man basically. Any ideas or do you know of any software that does that type of thing?
Last edited by Kodak_Gr33n on Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Kodak_Gr33n wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:56 pm

In this case, it was picks for laying the draw. I've been disciplined with my staking since I am still learning, I am just trying to figure out what the software is, cutting out the middle man out basically. Any ideas or do you know of any software that does that type of thing?
[/quote]

What I mean is that there's no explanation of what those numbers mean?
Kodak_Gr33n

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:06 pm
Kodak_Gr33n wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:56 pm

In this case, it was picks for laying the draw. I've been disciplined with my staking since I am still learning, I am just trying to figure out what the software is, cutting out the middle man out basically. Any ideas or do you know of any software that does that type of thing?
What I mean is that there's no explanation of what those numbers mean?
[/quote]

The numbers fit the criteria/strategy, they are the odds (in decimal format). Its all good, I'll just keep on researching, cheers anyways.
ShaunWhite

So you're looking for a pricing model?

This might be useful... I can't vouch for the conclusions and it's not very current but it covers some of the general principals.
https://lup.lub.lu.se/student-papers/re ... 253196.pdf
Kodak_Gr33n

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:04 pm
So you're looking for a pricing model?

This might be useful... I can't vouch for the conclusions and it's not very current but it covers some of the general principals.
https://lup.lub.lu.se/student-papers/re ... 253196.pdf
It could be that, I honestly don't know. But I'll look into that, cheers mate.
ShaunWhite

A pricing model allows you to identify market prices that don't reflect your (its) opinion of the outcome. Football is a very well studied field and pricing tends to be extremely accurate, so developing a model that disagrees with the market profitably is tough. You might be better off trading time decay/price movements rather than straight betting.
Kodak_Gr33n

I'll definitely look into that, saw video a while back showing how you could make a profit even before a ball is kicked by trading the price movements, just seemed a bit too advanced for me at the time.
Derek27

Kodak_Gr33n wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:52 am
I'll definitely look into that, saw video a while back showing how you could make a profit even before a ball is kicked by trading the price movements, just seemed a bit too advanced for me at the time.
I'd suggest you do the beginner's course. Making a profit by trading price movements is the very basics of trading. :)

https://online.betangelacademy.com/cour ... ash-course
Kodak_Gr33n

Oh shit, nice! :D

Return to “Football trading”