betfair closes markets that should have been in live

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
notangel

Markets should be traded in live as there is a checkmark "in play" .But then,1-3 minutes before the start of the game, BF takes my bet and close market.I am sure that it is Betfair who takes that bet , which he is sure that it will not play, because then these bets always lose They do that knowingly? It was not 1-2 times, very often. And they don't have any responsibility for it.
How can you protect yourself from such matches (besides keeping money in bookmakers to insure a bet)? And how to know for sure that the match will not be live?
Dallas

If you mean the 12:55 at Ascot it was closed because there was no runners left to run the race after they all pulled out, and all bets are voided and returned if a race/fixuture/match does not go ahead
notangel

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:07 pm
If you mean the 12:55 at Ascot it was closed because there was no runners left to run the race after they all pulled out, and all bets are voided and returned
i mean soccer markets
Dallas

notangel wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:08 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:07 pm
If you mean the 12:55 at Ascot it was closed because there was no runners left to run the race after they all pulled out, and all bets are voided and returned
i mean soccer markets
Betfair do state in there T&C's they can not guarantee they can turn a market in-play even where advertised they will be, this can be for a number of reasons from technical issues to personal/scouts at the event/fixture unable to attend or problems with there equipment when there

Any bets placed will still stand if the match/race/fixture goes ahead and settled accordingly at the end and voided if the event itself doesn't go ahead

https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... ing-scout/
Derek27

It's easy to get paranoid and feel Betfair is taking your bets but if you got a bet at odds against when the market fails to go in-play, it's probable that it will lose.

There's also a common issue with Betfair forgetting to put the market in-play after the first goal is scored...until the next goal. If you've got a bet on under 1.5 you're buggered, but if you've laid it you're either better off or very unlucky.

Strictly speaking, they could be doing it deliberately to increase their commission with all the unintended bets but given their sheer level of incompetents, incompetents is the most likely reason for it.

Return to “Football trading”