Liquidity Trend

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
granitx

New to the forum and want to get a sense of current market state from the pros out there. Been trading football for past couple years (previously worked at some big syndicates), made good money and looking to scale it up.

Do you think liquidity for football is trending down? I know Asians aren’t the same, but what’s your experience with the exchange? I’m paying top rate of premium charges. Anyone got experience with that? Strategies to drop it? Different accs?

Cheers!
Derek27

granitx wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:46 pm
New to the forum and want to get a sense of current market state from the pros out there. Been trading football for past couple years (previously worked at some big syndicates), made good money and looking to scale it up.

Do you think liquidity for football is trending down? I know Asians aren’t the same, but what’s your experience with the exchange? I’m paying top rate of premium charges. Anyone got experience with that? Strategies to drop it? Different accs?

Cheers!
I've only been trading football for a couple of years. I haven't noticed much drop in liquidity in the bigger leagues, in that time. In the lower and more obscure leagues around the world, I've always found the level of activity quite random.
psychoff

granitx wrote:

Cheers!
The liquidity in the football markets has been coming down for sure. But worse than that, markets have been much more efficient than before. 'The quality of the liquidity is worse than ever, which means even though you see some money on the ladder, they belong to market makers/bots (rather than traders) and disappear instantly as soon as they have any value.

(All my comments are for 'in-play' football markets)
Euler

Turnover on the WC 2022 is down roughly 25% on 2018. Could be any number of reasons for that. In 2018 the final matched £40m, so it will be interesting to see what it matches today.
Euler

£32m vs £40m in 2018
inspiron

psychoff wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:35 am
granitx wrote:

Cheers!
The liquidity in the football markets has been coming down for sure. But worse than that, markets have been much more efficient than before. 'The quality of the liquidity is worse than ever, which means even though you see some money on the ladder, they belong to market makers/bots (rather than traders) and disappear instantly as soon as they have any value.

(All my comments are for 'in-play' football markets)
Well, if nobody told how they make first milion on Betfair, there will be still gamblers. I just can't imagine feed and BF at begining. Vs today. Why vould money stay on market if there is dangerous attack against those people. Market become war field and nobody is gonna give you free money and it is not artificial inteligence. Just smarter people. People who are faster for some reason 2ms than you are not robots, just 200 peoplebwaiting for something to happen and they do that.
Derek27

In about 2010 I was betting and trading horse racing but I had a dabble with football without knowing anything about it, and I found it pretty easy to make money. A red card and the market went berserk. These days traders/bots are well clued-up as to what the price should be.

Return to “Football trading”