Is someone cheating?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:59 am

I don't see anything unlikely about a goal being scored in a football match at any minute. I've been trading long enough to realise anything can happen in sport. Someone may not have placed the bet, it could have been a bot. And it wasn't waiting for a goal, it just saw your price and took it. That's exactly what you do when you place a bet. Think of the times you've won, the other guy might think "how likely was that" or feel that you're cheating him and knew what was going to happen!
Are you understand one thing?

The real price on the market half time in the moment was 18- 18- 1.07 (w1 -w2 -draw) My price was 8-8-1.23
Answer the question how often will someone match such non-valueble bets on all outcomes at the same time? Make such requests on 2-5-10-100-1000 small markets. I am almost sure that they will never fully matched in one monent, one of the outcomes is perhaps but not for the full amount. Only can be fully matched if someone knows that the goal was scored.
If you trade football (as the person above said), then it should be obvious to you that something is not clean here. And you don’t need to say general phrases about the psychology of trading, we are considering a specific case.
Your assessment is wrong. The bet was value because a goal was scored. If you're betting blindfolded while somebody else is watching the match you can expect these things to happen.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:27 am
Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 am
The 'live' feeds from most minor league matches around the world a relayed by a poorly paid scout at a match. They sit there and manually report the activity via a phone to a third party that sends that information to Betfair for a fee. So there is no way to know what happened and when other than that scout.

This is why I don't trade minor leagues.
I think the same. It's possible that even the poorly paid scout bets himself (or his people) before the goal

Question is how to force BF to look into this issue. As I understand it in such cases they do not want to understand because it is difficult to find out,to compare the exact time of the goal and the exact time of suspension. . And they usually report, for example, that the bet was matched at 45:05 and the goal was scored at 45:15 and you cannot prove the opposite.

I think you are adequate and understand that most likely there was a bet after the goal ;)
From the Betfair website:

Warning: Although the current score, time elapsed, video and other data provided on this site is sourced from "live" feeds provided by third parties, you should be aware that this data may be subject to a time delay and/or be inaccurate. Please also be aware that other Betfair customers may have access to data that is faster and/or more accurate than the data shown on the Betfair site. If you rely on this data to place bets, you do so entirely at your own risk. Betfair provides this data AS IS with no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of such data and accepts no responsibility for any loss (direct or indirect) suffered by you as a result of your reliance on it.
numberzero

BF has introduced a huge delay in some matches just because of such "clever" people.
But IMHO it would be easier to just hire a couple of employees who would check accounts after complaints about such bets (and they will be 100%) and if the bettor regularly matches prices a second before the goal, then simply ban him with confiscation of the balance.
numberzero

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 pm

Your assessment is wrong. The bet was value because a goal was scored. If you're betting blindfolded while somebody else is watching the match you can expect these things to happen.
Despite the fact that you justify the one who bet, you still think that the bet was smart, you consider the bettor knew about the goal before the market was suspended. And this is a direct violation if the BF team start to find out really
ShaunWhite

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:09 pm
I trade honestly. Here some creature won because he had information about the goal before the rest and cheated.
There's no Queensbury rules in betting.

Are you cheating the punters who use the Betfair web site because you're using your fancy BA software? That doesn't seem very fair.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 pm

Despite the fact that you justify the one who bet, you still think that the bet was smart, you consider the bettor knew about the goal before the market was suspended. And this is a direct violation if the BF team start to find out really
If you're going to tell me what I think you may as well just talk to yourself. Placing a bet after a goal is scored is not cheating and there's still risk, the goal could be disallowed. If you don't like taking that risk why don't you stop trading the minor matches and just trade the bigger leagues?
numberzero

I understand that the discussion is useless, it does not solve anything. No one will return the money and most importantly, the exchange will not give guarantees that this will not happen again. Of course I can go all the way and apply to IBAS, but I will not do this because of such an amount this time.
I was surprised that some do not understand the situation or even support the one who made such a tricky bet which no one would have done if there was no knowledge of the goal that took place
numberzero

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:50 pm

If you're going to tell me what I think you may as well just talk to yourself. Placing a bet after a goal is scored is not cheating and there's still risk, the goal could be disallowed. If you don't like taking that risk why don't you stop trading the minor matches and just trade the bigger leagues?
Are you joking? we have been talking here for half a day and you still do not understand the situation well

"Placing a bet after a goal is scored is not cheating and there's still risk, the goal could be disallowed"
I'm talking about the fact that the bet was after the goal, but the prices were not reset and someone bet at prices before the goal, that is, the real price was 1.02 after the goal and someone bet for 8 (my lay)
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
I understand that the discussion is useless, it does not solve anything. No one will return the money and most importantly, the exchange will not give guarantees that this will not happen again. Of course I can go all the way and apply to IBAS, but I will not do this because of such an amount this time.
I was surprised that some do not understand the situation or even support the one who made such a tricky bet which no one would have done if there was no knowledge of the goal that took place
Most of us on here have been trading many years, some when Betfair started over 20 years ago.

We all get stung from time to time, just like you did. But instead of crying foul, cheating, etc. we're realistic, realise moaning about it gets nowhere, and revise our approach to avoid it. It's your responsibility to know what's going on. You've been given plenty of advice that you ignore. I even asked you if you use fill or kill and you didn't answer so I don't know how you hope to improve the situation but you won't get anything back from Betfair.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Are you joking? we have been talking here for half a day and you still do not understand the situation well

"Placing a bet after a goal is scored is not cheating and there's still risk, the goal could be disallowed"
I'm talking about the fact that the bet was after the goal, but the prices were not reset and someone bet at prices before the goal, that is, the real price was 1.02 after the goal and someone bet for 8 (my lay)
So what don't you understand? The real price was 1.02, you offered 8, of course somebody will take it. Who wouldn't?

Are you saying you wouldn't have taken 8 if it was offered to you?
Michael5482

numberzero wrote:
I think everyone understands what you've raised but Betfair Exchange is a dog eat dog world and everyone should know the rules. Don't take this the wrong way but kudos to whoever took your bets, they've seen an opportunity and pounced on it.

I got done the other Saturday when the Exchange went down, did I moan course I did, did I complain to Betfair no because I knew the rules.

Just let it be and move on, good luck with your future trading.
numberzero

Someone explain to him that the market was not suspended in time and someone bet for 8 knowing that there would be a goal,having information faster than a scout and the price would be 1.02-1.03. I don’t know how to explain it anymore ..
He thinks I'm a fool that I gave lay 8 when it was really 1.02
Bubace

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:05 pm
Someone explain to him that the market was not suspended in time and someone bet for 8 knowing that there would be a goal,having information faster than a scout and the price would be 1.02-1.03. I don’t know how to explain it anymore ..
welcome to inplay football trading
Dallas

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:05 pm
Sounds like the scout was just late suspending the match, or there was an issue with his equipment or the feed to/within BF, it could be anyone of several things and someone actually watching the game saw there had been a goal and bet accordingly

Many matches (especially lower down the tiers) get suspended at KO, after a goal or even randomly during a match and never get unsuspended for one reason or another
Or they are meant to be managed (get suspended at critical points) but get no suspensions, again this can be one of several reasons

As others have said already its just one of those risks you have to accept when trading any market particularly those with less interest and liquidity
numberzero

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:01 pm

I think everyone understands what you've raised but Betfair Exchange is a dog eat dog world and everyone should know the rules. Don't take this the wrong way but kudos to whoever took your bets, they've seen an opportunity and pounced on it.

I got done the other Saturday when the Exchange went down, did I moan course I did, did I complain to Betfair no because I knew the rules.

Just let it be and move on, good luck with your future trading.
I agree with you, but there are simply rules that they sometimes still follow. Recently there was a UEFA Youth League match and there was also such a tricky bet second before the market suspends but they returned the money as apparently BF noticed that or many bettors complained. Here I bet one and they decided not to check in detail because it is difficult and there was not much amount

Return to “Football trading”