Is someone cheating?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:05 pm
He thinks I'm a fool that I gave lay 8 when it was really 1.02
He's correct. You were a fool laying at 8 when you don't even know what's happening!
numberzero

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:14 pm

Sounds like the scout was just late suspending the match, or there was an issue with his equipment or the feed to/within BF, it could be anyone of several things and someone actually watching the game saw there had been a goal and bet accordingly
I consider that it was as you say.
Apparently you are an experienced player and you know that sometimes they void such bets but only sometimes. Do you think that the support did not want to find out my case because the market was illiquid and no one except me was deceived ?
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:38 pm
Do you think that the support did not want to find out my case because the market was illiquid and no one except me was deceived ?
Have you watched Little Brittain, the only gay in the village?
Dallas

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:14 pm

Sounds like the scout was just late suspending the match, or there was an issue with his equipment or the feed to/within BF, it could be anyone of several things and someone actually watching the game saw there had been a goal and bet accordingly
I consider that it was as you say.
Apparently you are an experienced player and you know that sometimes they void such bets but only sometimes. Do you think that the support did not want to find out my case because the market was illiquid and no one except me was deceived ?
As Euler (I think) stated earlier every bet is placed at the owners risk, that covers everything from a total outage to partial loss of particular a feed and faults with equipment.

So they won't do anything accept refer you to there T&C's
napshnap

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:40 pm
napshnap wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:32 am

I'm in a "foil hats'" club myself, but big NO, bf doesnt cheat on you or anybody, bf just takes pc and pc2 8-) .

Why do I think so? We know that betfar likes to confiscate money, to close accounts for various violations. It would seem they can carefully check this player who made a bet and confiscate the balance. Everything is simple and the cheater will not have the desire to register again. But no. Or maybe because BF bets himself and thats why does not want to check the bets?
Dude, stop paranoing and learn how to create your own bots so to make others paranoid because of you!))
BFDon

Unless you can prove the exact time of the goal and the time your bet was matched what do you expect betfair to do? Perhaps it was a misclick, you say they matched your lay bet on both teams?

It's the risk you take trading these markets. Presumably if you're laying at 8 about something that is 18+ you're hoping someone makes a mistake so your bet gets matched?
BFDon

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:20 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkwKrAez2U
I watched youtube video of the match again and noticed that the last minute before the goal the guests played strangely (45+ min).
First, the defender with dreadlocks gave a pass to the opponent, then the guests took the ball away and again the defender knocked down on the opponent, and when the home team shoot no one held the attacker. Although it was still necessary to shoot like that ..
Could there be an agreement that a goal will be scored or is it my paranoia? :mrgreen:
Doesn't look suspicious to me. Post up the time you placed the bet and the time it was matched
Hola_Gringooooo

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 pm
numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:59 am

I don't see anything unlikely about a goal being scored in a football match at any minute. I've been trading long enough to realise anything can happen in sport. Someone may not have placed the bet, it could have been a bot. And it wasn't waiting for a goal, it just saw your price and took it. That's exactly what you do when you place a bet. Think of the times you've won, the other guy might think "how likely was that" or feel that you're cheating him and knew what was going to happen!
Are you understand one thing?

The real price on the market half time in the moment was 18- 18- 1.07 (w1 -w2 -draw) My price was 8-8-1.23
Answer the question how often will someone match such non-valueble bets on all outcomes at the same time? Make such requests on 2-5-10-100-1000 small markets. I am almost sure that they will never fully matched in one monent, one of the outcomes is perhaps but not for the full amount. Only can be fully matched if someone knows that the goal was scored.
If you trade football (as the person above said), then it should be obvious to you that something is not clean here. And you don’t need to say general phrases about the psychology of trading, we are considering a specific case.
Your assessment is wrong. The bet was value because a goal was scored. If you're betting blindfolded while somebody else is watching the match you can expect these things to happen.
Are you trying to be a smartass here or what? Since when you can still get away after a material event has happend already?
Derek27

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:56 pm
Are you trying to be a smartass here or what? Since when you can still get away after a material event has happend already?
Firstly, we don't know that the bet was taken after the goal. numberzero has history of calling foul when he loses. It's possible the bet was taken seconds before or as the goal was scored.

Secondly, Betfair voids bets when they're a minute late at suspending. You can't realistically expect them to void 2.5 seconds of bets because the suspend monkey was 2.5 seconds late. After all, they're relying on the suspend monkey to tell them the precise time of a goal.

If you lay a team at 8 one minute before the whistle blows, you've got nothing to gain. The bet will only be taken if a goal or penalty looks very likely. It's quite possible the taker saw the forward in a promising scoring position and thought 8 was value. numberzero wasn't even watching the match so you can ignore what he says about value.
Hola_Gringooooo

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:14 pm
Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Firstly, we don't know that the bet was taken after the goal. numberzero has history of calling foul when he loses. It's possible the bet was taken seconds before or as the goal was scored.

Secondly, Betfair voids bets when they're a minute late at suspending. You can't realistically expect them to void 2.5 seconds of bets because the suspend monkey was 2.5 seconds late. After all, they're relying on the suspend monkey to tell them the precise time of a goal.

If you lay a team at 8 one minute before the whistle blows, you've got nothing to gain. The bet will only be taken if a goal or penalty looks very likely. It's quite possible the taker saw the forward in a promising scoring position and thought 8 was value. numberzero wasn't even watching the match so you can ignore what he says about value.
You said: The bet was value because a goal was scored. This makes me belive you have 0 knowledge about value. So what if a goal was scored? How can that make a bet value? What if you bet at 1.01 on a goal when odds should be 2.30? Is that still value?

Suspend monkey has nothing to do with material event. You need to campare timestamps, bet vs goal and if bet was matched after goal that is a void bet as per t&c.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if betfair hoovered up the stakes.
foxwood

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:27 pm
Suspend monkey has nothing to do with material event. You need to campare timestamps, bet vs goal and if bet was matched after goal that is a void bet as per t&c.
Yup - read the t&c's "Betfair reserves the right to void bets matched after the Material Event has occurred."

An alternative expression of "reserves the right" is "may" but is definitely not "will"

One of the funniest threads this year especially with Lord Derek being called out for seemingly not understanding value :lol:
numberzero

BFDon wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:28 pm
Unless you can prove the exact time of the goal and the time your bet was matched what do you expect betfair to do? Perhaps it was a misclick, you say they matched your lay bet on both teams?

It's the risk you take trading these markets. Presumably if you're laying at 8 about something that is 18+ you're hoping someone makes a mistake so your bet gets matched?

How can I compare all this? I know the time of the goal based on the broadcast, the time of the matching of the bet is not indicated on the exchange, the time of the suspension is also unknown to me second by second. And even if everything was known, I would not prove anything to them because they answered me that everything is OK
But it is clear that the bet was smart.
numberzero

foxwood wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:20 pm

Yup - read the t&c's "Betfair reserves the right to void bets matched after the Material Event has occurred."

An alternative expression of "reserves the right" is "may" but is definitely not "will"

One of the funniest threads this year especially with Lord Derek being called out for seemingly not understanding value :lol:
This is true. Sometimes they void such bets sometimes not ,randomly I thought that someone here knows how to make lazy mediocrity from BF support really check everything.I have been trading for 10 years intermittently and I know that there was definitely a damn suspension delay here.
I was just lucky that I lost a little money, if there were a couple of thousand, this smart asshole would have matched the whole amount too. Probably this is what he does and it’s strange that there is no ban. Or maybe the BF bans later and puts their money in his pocket without compensating the bettors like me?
numberzero

A smart decision of the BF would have been to void the bet and keep an honest player in such non-tradable markets, there are so few of them left. But they decided not to go into details and lost another such player by taking the side of the cheater. Now I will no longer trade in these markets despite the profits earlier. I am not happy that I worked hard for 2-5-10 £ from the market and lost more than 150 at once. Yes, I got much more from BF but where is the guarantee that now they will not cheat again?

Some people say that I didn't watch the match but my strategy is just to bet a lot of markets, I have always played this way and had a profit. And in 99.99% of cases the suspension is on time.I can also say that the only problem for me is the suspension, in other cases I will always be profitable. I'm afraid to trade like this after yesterday and now .earlier they took away a little bit of 2-3 5 £ from me for one outcome before the goal and I did not pay attention. But now there was a dangerous precedent when someone impudently matched the entire amount immediately knowing about the goal earlier than matchscout
Derek27

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:14 pm
Hola_Gringooooo wrote:

You said: The bet was value because a goal was scored. This makes me belive you have 0 knowledge about value. So what if a goal was scored? How can that make a bet value? What if you bet at 1.01 on a goal when odds should be 2.30? Is that still value?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if betfair hoovered up the stakes.
If you read his post he said it was the last minute of the first half, he laid a team at 8 for the first half and they scored a goal. So the odds weren't 1.01 and shouldn't have been 2.3, the odds were 8.0 and should have been 1.02.

Return to “Football trading”