Open other Markets from the Same Event with One Key Push

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

Have you ever been trading a market and want to look at or open another market within the same event?

If so normally you’d need to go searching through the market selection tree to find the other market you want to open or you may have already added it to Guardian and/or a watchlist making it a bit easier to find but this can still waste valuable seconds.
What about if you can open the market you want, when you want and on either the ladder or one-click trading screen with just the push of a key – that’s what I’ll show how to do in this example.

Scenario’s
First let’s look at a couple of scenario’s you might when you might want to do this, you could for example be trading the ‘Match Odds’ market in a football match but want to see the Correct score market, and then maybe an over/under market
Or you might be trading a horse racing win market and want to quickly open the place market for that race

How’s it done
There are three parts to doing this
1) All the markets you may want to access must be in Guardian already - which you’ll almost certainly be doing this anyway each day
2) You need a simple rules file run by a Servant that opens a specfic market for the event you already have on your main screen
3) Some shortcut keys to start the servant which you require at that time

Rules File
First let’s look at the rules file, this DOES NOT need to be applied to your markets in Guardian, once created they will be run as a Servant
On the General tab of the rule you just need to select the rule type ‘Display Market on Trading Screen’

General.JPG

Then on the Parameters tab choose the market this rule is going to open and which trading screen you want to open it on

Parameters.JPG

As you can see when that rule is run it will open the BTTS market in a new ladder window which is part of the same event/fixture as you currently have open on your main trading screen.

That rule can be saved now, I will name mine as ‘AS BTTS Market’

Shortcut Key
Next we need to create the shortcut key that will start the servant that runs that rule, to do this you need to open the ‘Keyboard Shortcut Editor’ on the Behaviour tab of your main settings

From there you need to select the action for the shortcut key, which is ‘Start a Servant’, then choose the name of the servant you want to start and finally the shortcut key you want to use, for this I’ve chosen thew letter ‘B’

SCK1.JPG

Football Example
Now once I open any market of any match ie, the match odds market of the Argentina V Saudi Arabia if I want to open the BTTS market for that match all I need to do is press the ‘B’ key and the BTTS market will open in its own ladder window

Ladder Football.JPG

Providing you have the rule and shortcut key created you could open a 2nd, 3rd, 4th market for that fixture, like in the next image where I’ve pressed my number ‘2’ key and its opened the Over/Under 2.5 market for me in another ladder window

Ladder Football2.JPG

In this next example I’ve got the 12:25 Sedgefield win market open, but with one key push I’ve open the place market for that same race in a new ladder window

Ladder Racing.JPG

Using this Method Optimally
The best way to use something like this is obviously create a rules file for each type of market you may want to open and then create a set of shortcut keys to open each, something I often do when creating shortcut keys is assign them to a letter or number that relates to what they are doing
If you look at the example below I’ve created shortcut keys to open a variety of football and racing markets and assigned shortcut keys to each, assigning the key ‘W’ to open the win market, ‘P’ key to open the place market, ‘1’ key to open the Over/Under 1.5 goals and so on

Shortcut Key 2.JPG

Example Rules
Just in case you wanted to use them below are some ready-made rules to open all the markets in the image above, so if you create a Keyboard Shortcut profile with the markets shown above (you can use different shortcut keys if you want) and then import the rules below into your Servant Manager (as shown in the image below) with a market on your main trading screen you will be able open any of those other markets from the same event in a new ladder window
Import.JPG
AS BTTS Market.baf
AS Correct Score Market.baf
AS Horse Racing Place Market.baf
AS Horse Racing Win Market.baf
AS Match Odds Market.baf
AS Over_Under 0.5 Market.baf
AS Over_Under 1.5 Market.baf
AS Over_Under 2.5 Market.baf
AS Over_Under 3.5 Market.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”