Super Fast Trading with Bet Angel Servants via a Gaming Mouse or Pad

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

If you trade any sport in-play you will know speed and timing are two of the most important requirements, especially in the more volatile, faster moving in-play sports like horse racing markets, being one of the fastest here will often mean the difference between a strategy being profitable or not, so having the best possible in-play trading tools to is an absolute must if you are to stand any chance in today’s highly competitive markets.

By combining two of Bet Angel’s tools you can give yourself that considerable speed advantage over other traders.

The two features I’m talking about here are Bet Angel’s keyboard shortcuts and Bet Angels Servants. If you’re not already familiar with servants and their power have a read of these blogs
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... utomation/
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... a-servant/

Despite how flexible and fast servants many are unaware they can go a step further and gain a little more speed by assigning their servants to keyboard shortcuts key of your choice, and if you then have a gaming mouse or pad you can map those short cut keys to buttons of your choice. Putting all the speed and power of a whole army of servants at your fingertip – literally!

For anyone not aware a Gamer mouse or pad is as the name suggests designed to help hardcore gamers play their favourite PC games and give them an advantage over their opponents. In recent years they have also become popular in other industries like video editing by eliminating the need to keep searching and reaching for specific keys on their keyboard to perform tasks and actions. Gamer mice or pads usually has between 6-18 buttons all grouped together so you can quickly and easily issue your commands normally invoked by a keystroke.

Gamer Mouse.png
StreamDeck.jpg

From a trading perspective and when using Betfair trading software like Bet Angel we already need to move our mouse around the screen to perform a number of actions and that’s before even placing a bet or trade, now imagine being able to do things like open advanced charts, switch settings/layout profiles, launch Soccer Mystic or Tennis Trader, open Guardian, switch to the next market etc all just by pressing one of your mouse buttons and without the need to move your mouse anywhere – OK having the speed to easily perform these sorts of actions isn’t going to enhance your trading much but it’s still an handy thing to be able to do with any spare buttons you have left after assigning the more important task of placing trades and bets.

Looking at a Trading Scenario

Now imagine your trading in-running and spot an opportunity, something like a runner merging from the field or making head way and the price begins to rapidly start shortening, to get on this you first you need to move your cursor to the right runner and then the right price or area if using the in-play trader, then finally you can click your mouse to place the bet which at best will place just be a single bet or maybe a bet with offsetting and greening if your using trading software - and during all this time the runner is now priced even shorter than when you first spotted it!

Now take that same scenario, using Bet Angel you just need to see those first signs a runner is or is about to start merging from the field and begin shortening in price, then without even needing to take your eyes off the live video, in-play trader or the ladder/one-click screen etc and without even needing to move your mouse cursor over the runner or price you want you can just start a servant with the push of a button.

The Servant will then find the selection emerging and place your bet, and not only that but it could place a spread of bets each with different offsetting commands with closing and green up bets to follow, or even place bets on one or more other runners at the same time, so if you can't get matched on the shortening runner perhaps you'll catch the drifting runner with a lay.

If you see something change and want to pull the plug with the push of another button you can cancel that servant and green up any positions it may have already opened – again without needing to scramble around the screen looking for the cancel button then the green up figure to click on.

With this method you could have a servant open and close a trade before someone else even go their cursor anywhere near the price to even place a bet!

Until the day arrives that we get the ability to place trades by thought control like Clint Eastwood had in the cold war movie ‘FireFox’ this makes the method above the fastest possible way of submitting bets and trades into any Betfair market.

How do we set this up?

You of course need a servant to perform the specific task you want it to do, ‘im not going to go into the details of creating one here but there is a separate blog on creating your first servant which you can read here
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... a-servant/

Or you can download dozens of ready-made servants from the shared servant’s section on this forum which can then be adapted anyway that you want
viewforum.php?f=58

For the purposes of this example I’m using an existing servant I’ve made called ‘ASC In-Running emerging Runner’, when started it basically looks to find and back ANY runner emerging from the field with a few bets spread between at best and reverse price using various fill/kill times, depending which gets matched it will then attempt to offset some while keeping others as open bets.

At the same time it will check for and lay any other runner that was a clear favourite but is now drifting out giving me multiple entry points on multiple runners for the same situation from just one push of a button.

Creating a Keyboard Shortcut
To assign a servant to a shortcut key of your choice couldn’t be easier, begin by going into;
Settings > Behaviour > and select either ‘Create New Profile’ or ‘Edit’ an existing profile if you already have one, see image below

Behaviour.jpg

Once the keyboard short cut editor window opens, click the green plus icon in the top left corner then from the ‘Shortcut Category’ menu list select ‘Automation Servants’ then below that for the ‘Short Cut Action’ select ‘Start an Automation Servant’ and then select the servant you’d like to assign to a key from your list of saved servants that will appear.

(Remember you can use the keyboard shortcut editor to assign well over 100 different type of Bet Angel actions to any key of your choice, then map anyone of them to a gaming mouse/pad so it’s well worth having a look round, you’ll be amazed at just what actions can be invoked from a shortcut key and button on your gamer mouse/pad).

Next just click the ‘Capture Next Keypress’ and press the key you want to assign this servant to, in the image below I have assigned my Servant named ‘ASC In-Play Merging Runner’ to my ‘A’ key

Servant Select.jpg

If you have more servants you want to add to additional shortcut keys then continue adding them in the same way, below for image purposes I’ve now created shortcut keys to start 5 different servants on my keys ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’, and ‘E’

KSE.jpg

Once that’s done just click ‘Save AS’ (Disc+ icon) and give the keyboard shortcut profile a name or just click ‘Save’ (Disc icon) if your editing an existing saved profile.

With a market now on your ladder or one-click trading screen you are now able to start that servant just through the push of that key and if you have a gaming mouse or pad you can map those keys to a button of your choice, (your mouse/pad will have come with instructions on how to set this part up).

You are now ready to go, I’ve got my trading screen set up watching an in running race with live pictures on another screen.

Emerging Runner.jpg

In the image above the servant caught the emerging runner with some back bets giving an average entry just above 3s (unfortunetly the lay wasn't matched on the drifting fav), but it still produced a nice price on the emerging runner.

More Servant Control

It doesn’t matter where my cursor is pointing my thumb is poised over the mouse button ready to start my ‘emerging runner’ servant and I’m just concentrating on the live commentary and in-play trader window waiting for the right time to press it, when I do the servant will do the rest. All I need to do now is continue listening and watching the race unfold able be ready to start another servant that will cancel and green up just as quickly if things suddenly change.

However as you should know when creating a servant you have a series of options within the rules editor called ‘Servant Context’ which gives you additional flexibility and even more control when creating a servant over a full automation rule. It basically means you can defer things like the stake, price, selection etc and use the position of your mouse cursor at the time of starting the servant to dynamically set these. Ie, if using a rule Applied to ‘Servant Context Selection’ the servant will trigger on whichever selection/runner your cursor is hovering over at the time you press your key/button to start the servant.

Obviously this will require a bit of mouse movement so some speed will be lost but its still far faster to get your cursor over a selection or price (if you can’t already do it in advance) then hit the appropriate key or button to unleash the servant to do the rest than scrambling around all over your screen placing bets and doing tasks click by click individually.

In the above scenario I used a servant that was applied to ANY runner meeting the conditions I’d set, I could also of applied it to a fixed runner/s ie, the fav, a servant doing that dosen’t require any movement of the mouse – only the press of a button and it will do the rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last bumped by Dallas on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:33 pm.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”