Historic Prices Dynamically Displayed on One-Click Screen

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

The one-click trading screen is perhaps the screen most people first recognise as its very similar to what you see on the Betfair website, however in most if not all other software its very limited as to what you can do from it and how it can be customized.

With Bet Angel that problem doesn't exsist, the Bet Angel one-click trading screen has the most customizable one-click screen avaliable in any trading software and you can get it to do just about anything you want.

You will need to be using the latest version of Bet Angel V1.55 which contain the new History Stored Values (HSV) required to replicate what I’m about to show which can be downloaded from the following post if you've not already updated to it
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21544

In this example I'll show how you can create your own 'custom columns' to add to your one-click screen which will then display dynamic historic data at past intervals of your choice from 'Stored values held in History lists'.

It might sound complicated but its actually very simple to set up and by the time you get to the end of this post you will be able to display any type of historical data of your choice and the intervals you want

For this example i'll be creating some custom columns to display the historic 'back prices' of each selection at 5, 10, 30, 60, 180 and 300 secs ago.

In the image below I’ve created 5 custom columns in shades of green to display what the historical back price of each selection was at 6 different intervals, giving me clear overview of which direction each selections price is heading in as we approach the off.

CC Price History.jpg

To do this you just need to things
1), A simple rules file to store the value of whatever you want in a History list
2, A Custom Column to display the stored value held in that history list

Creating the Rules File

Start by adding a market (any market) to guardian, then select it and click ‘Create a New Rules File for Selected Market’

Guardian Banner.jpg

From the list of rule type’s you need to select ‘Set/Modify a Stored Value Only’, below I’ve applied it to ‘EVERY selection’, to always be armed, able to trigger unlimited times and re-arm every second.

So basically, as soon as this rules file is applied to a market in Guardian it will be armed and will trigger every second and begin storing whatever value were about to choose.

General SV .jpg

Next move onto the ‘Stored Values’ tab, here we want to store a value in ‘History list 1’, then below that choose ‘selection’ and then what data you want to store, in the image below I’ve opted to store the back price of a selection.

SV tab.jpg

As you can see from the list below there is a large choice of other information you could store, you can store multiple pieces of data to each History List and use up to 10 history lists, so you could create this one rules file that stores all your different data into different history lists, then you just need to configure a custom column on your one-click screen to display that information, so for racing you might want to see the VWAP at 30, 60, 120, 180, 240 and 300 second intervals, for football you might want the volume at 1, 5, 10, 30 and 60 minute intervals, the possibilates are endless and once set up and saved you can switch between profiles with a single click

HSV List.jpg

For now were just sticking with storing the back price, once you have that (or whatever you’ve chosen to store) selected just save the rules file and give it a name, I’ve named it ‘Store Historical Prices’.

All you need to now is apply that file to your markets each day and it will begin storing the back price every second.

Creating Custom Columns

Now we just need to create a custom column to look up the values from rules file we've just made, and creating a custom column is just as easy as the rules file was.

On your One-Click screen open the ‘Custom Column Editor’ and select ‘Edit Custom Columns’ and chose a custom column to edit

Edit CC.JPG

I’m starting with Custom Column 1 which I have named ‘Price 5 Secs Ago’ (this is the name that appears above the columns when its added). The action we want this column to perform is ‘Display a Historical Stored Value’ and below we can select ‘History List 1’ which is the history list we configured the rules file above to store the value in, and we need it to do this for the selection, lastly we just need to choose the historical time we want it to display, for this first custom column I’m setting this to show the time 5 secs ago

CC Editor.jpg

So as the rules file is triggering in the background storing the current back price every second to a history list, this custom column is looking at that history list and displaying whatever the value was 5 seconds ago.

This custom column is now done, so just click ‘Save’ at the bottom then you can repeat the process to create additional custom column, I created and saved a total of 6 custom columns to display the historic price at 5, 10, 30, 60, 180 and 300 secs ago, but you can create as many or as few as you want and use whatever interval and history lists you want.

Remember your rules file will be storing the back price to the ‘history list 1’ every second from the moment you apply it to a market in Guardian and it begins to get refreshed.

Displaying the Custom Columns

The final part is too select these columns on the one-click screen by opening the ‘column chooser’ (the yellow and white icon that looks like a calendar), from there you can tick all the new columns you want displaying (and remove ones you maybe don't want).

CC Chooser.jpg

Your now set up and ready, just click the Disc+ icon on your one-click as highlighted in the image below and save your grid layout (which I have named ‘One-Click with Price History’) and you’re ready to go.

Save.jpg

You can now open a market on your one-click screen and you’ll see the back price history for the intervals you've choosen

CC Price History.jpg

If you want to download a file with ready made history lists storing various price data, ie, back, lay, ltp, book% etc etc you can do so from the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21235

Once you have imported the Price Data file it already stores the back price in 'History List 1' just as set out above, but if you wanted to display another piece of price data then you'd just change the history list number the custom column looks at.

For example, if your using the price file from the link above and you change the history list in the custom columns you have just created to look at History List 8 that will then display what the 'Lay Book%' at those intervals.

Or you could create further custom columns to display different history list at the same time, or perhaps save the layout with another name, so you can quickly switch back and forth between one-click layouts, one showing historical back prices another maybe showing historical lay book%, or volume or whatever else you want displaying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last bumped by Dallas on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:20 pm.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”