Changing Stakes on Multiple Automation Rules Quickly & Easily

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

If you have a Automation or Servant rules file with multiple rules using the same or several different sizes of stakes and you want to update them changing them individually can be time consuming especially if you have dozens of rules to edit each time - There is however a quick and easy way of doing it that requires only a few clicks.

This requires the use of a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule at the top of your rules file to Store the value of 'An Entered Amount' (the entered amount will be the stake other rules within the file will use)
The rule then just needs to be armed to trigger sometime 'before' your back/lay bet rules are due to trigger

SV.jpg

Then on the 'Stored Value' tab I'm Storing a Value named 'Stake1' with an 'Entered Amount' of 25
for the market

SV Tab.jpg

Now on all the rules within the file rather than use a 'Fixed Stake' (which you'd need to edit the amount for individually on every one each time you wanted to change it), instead you now just need to set the staking option on the 'Parameters' tab to use a 'Stored Value' named 'Stake1' for the market

Stake Parameters.jpg

To now use a different stake to £100 all you need to do is change the 'Entered Amount' on the Stored Value rule, and it will picked up by all the rules using that stored value name as its stake

You can even Store a Value of several 'Entered Amounts' on the stored value tab each with a different name then change the values of any one of those and that will adjust the stake of each rule using that Stored Value name as its stake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

nice one Dallas... Have used this technique since you *tipped me off* about it a while back. Got a question tho. What is the approach used when staking by liability?? would you run another rule that divides Stake1 by the selection lay odds-1 ??

i.e. LayStake1 = Stake1 / (selection lay odds-1) ??

In other words, what is the best way to keep this single generic approach in terms of lay by liability.
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm
nice one Dallas... Have used this technique since you *tipped me off* about it a while back. Got a question tho. What is the approach used when staking by liability?? would you run another rule that divides Stake1 by the selection lay odds-1 ??

In other words, what is the best way to keep this single generic approach in terms of lay by liability.
V1.55 has the Staking option 'By Liability using Stored Value Stake'

So same set up just a different staking option to pick on the 'Parameters' tab
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm

V1.55 has the Staking option 'By Liability using Stored Value Stake'

So same set up just a different staking option to pick on the 'Parameters' tab
dang, never even looked (in 1.55) before asking -but thanks for that, just made things even easier ;)

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”