Green Up a Selection or Market for a Percentage Profit - with the Push of a Key

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

Something every trader needs to do in every market is ‘Green Up’, when and how you choose to do this will depend on personal preference, and the individual strategy being deployed.

A popular method integral to many strategy’s is to ‘Green Up’ individual selections (or the whole market) for a target profit, ie 20%, 50%, 75% etc of your stake used.

But in a fast moving market or if you are continually adding additional bets how do you work this percentage out and know where to submit the bets quickly and easily?

With Bet Angel the answer is simple – with the push of a key!

This can be done on whether you are using the Ladder or One-click trading screen – what’s more once you’ve hit that key you don’t even need to be at your screen anymore, so if you are trading a football match and placed a few bets on your team just before the off and early into the match, with the push of a key you can tell Bet Angel to exit if your Profit reaches 20% while you sit back and watch the rest of the match.

Or if you’ve traded a few horses you can with a push of a key on each tell Bet Angel to Green up if different profits have been achieved ie, the fav reaches 50% and 4th fav reaches 10% leaving you free to watch the race or make other trades.

What you Need

This is done using Bet Angel’s innovative Servants, which I’ve already created so all you need to do is download and import them into the Servant Manager of your Bet Angel, the next step is to assign those Servants to shortcut keys of your choice, in this example I’ll be assigning them to keys 1 to 5 so to;
Green up for 10% profit I’ll just need to press key 1
Green up for 20% profit I’ll just need to press key 2
Green up for 30% profit I’ll just need to press key 3
Green up for 40% profit I’ll just need to press key 4
Green up for 50% profit I’ll just need to press key 5

Of course you can use as many or as few servants as you want and/or change the profit percentages each Greens Up at to suit your own needs or assign them to your own choice of keys – if you have a gaming mouse or pad then you can even map them to button on their, this is explained further in this blog

The first step is therefore to download and import the Servants you require by clicking on the links below
Green Selection at 10% Profit.baf
Green Selection at 20% Profit.baf
Green Selection at 30% Profit.baf
Green Selection at 40% Profit.baf
Green Selection at 50% Profit.baf

Next Open your Servant Manager in Bet Angel, by clicking the ‘Bellboy’ icon

SM.JPG

Then click on the ‘Rules’ tab at the top, select ‘Import a Rules File’ and navigate to the folder on your PC where you downloaded it to (and repeat that till you’ve imported each Servant).

Import.JPG

Assigning Keyboard Shortcuts

Next we need to assign those Servants to individual keys on your keyboard, to do this in the upper left corner of your screen click;
Settings > Edit Settings > Behaviour

And midway down you’ll see ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’, click ‘Create New Profile’ or if you already have a Shortcut Profile and want to add the Servants to that just select that profile

Behaviour.JPG

Now we can assign each Servant to a shortcut key of our choice, this is done by selecting the options shown in the lower half of the next image for the ‘Shortcut Category, ‘Shortcut Action’ and ‘Parameters’, then click the ‘Capture Next Keystroke’ button and press the number 1 key on your keyboard (or whichever key you want to assign/start this Servant with).

Next click the icon highlighted in the image below to duplicate that Shortcut.

Dulpicate.JPG

Then in the ‘Parameters’ area at the bottom of the lower window select the ‘Green Selection at 20%’ rules file (or whichever other file you want to use) and click the ‘Capture Next Keystroke’ button again and this time press the number 2 key on your keyboard (or whichever key you want to assign/start this Servant with).

And repeat that until you have assigned each Servant to a shortcut key, you can see in the image below I’ve assigned the five Servants to the shortcut keys 1-5

Keys Assigned.JPG

Finally click on the ‘Disc+ Icon’ and give this Shortcut profile a name (or click the regular disc icon if you are saving them to an existing shortcut profile

Save Banner.JPG

Green Up for a Percentage Profit

You are now already to go, just open a market on your one-click or ladder trading screens and place your bets/trades as normal, once you’ve finished just ensure your cursor is still pointing somewhere over that selection and press the shortcut key to start the Servant that will green up at your desired profit percentage - you'll hear bell ring and see a Green Servant status light next to that selection indicating the Servant is active

OC Screen.JPG

If you add further bets/trades or reduce your position by placing some smaller bets on the other side of the book that's no problem - as soon as they are matched just point your cursor over the selection and press the shortcut key again and the Servant will update and use the current ‘Net Stake’ and re-calculate were to place the Green Up bet.

Or if after you’ve started a Servant you change your mind and what to aim for a greater or lesser profit percentage just press the appropriate shortcut key and in doing so it will override the previous servant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”