Using a 'Mega-Multiple' Rules File for ALL One Click Screen Custom Columns

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

Recently I created a post on how you can use ‘Safety Servant’ to run the appropriate rules files to populate your custom columns on the one-click screen with almost any information or data from a market or selection – without the need to add markets to Guardian, or apply any rules to them each day.

If you’ve not yet seen that post its worth a quick read as it will not only show you how to display data in custom columns without the need for Guardian and the applying but also give you just a few ideas of what can be displayed in custom columns.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=22955

Once you’ve read through that and are familiar with the concept of using a Safety Servant to run the rules file for you the next possibility that opens is creating a single rules file that can display multiple types of data for different scenarios, or as I like to call it a Mega Rules files.
This is very east to do and draws upon an existing feature called the ‘copy’ tool within the Rules Editor, with this you can copy and merge together full files with just a few clicks.

The advantage of this is once you have all these rules within one file that’s been run by a Safety Servant and your custom columns being displayed with the data you want there really isn’t anything left for you to do except open a market, trade it then

At the bottom of this post you can download a ‘Mega Rules’ files which contain all the rules required to display the data in the 5 examples of the post above, you can of course take edit or take out any rules you don’t need or continue adding your own as you expand the number number of custom columns and layouts you want/need.

Scenario's

So imagine you are trading pre-off racing and have your custom columns displaying historical prices in the final minutes before the off so you are using the ‘Historic Price Layout’ and ‘Historic Price’ columns’
Historic Prices.JPG

But now want to quickly trade a tennis match, as soon as you open the market all you need to do is select the ‘Tennis Score layout’ and ‘Tennis Score columns’ from the picklists and your one-click looks like this – without having to apply or change any rules files.
OC Tennis Score.JPG

Now you might want to go back to racing or football and want some greening up columns, again its just a case of selecting the grid layout and custom columns and you now have all your greening columns ready to use
OC Greening Columns.JPG

And as I mentioned above you could create an number of new custom column profiles and grid layouts, and continue to add the rules needed to retrieve the information to the same ‘Mega’ file, or if you download any of the examples I post in future they could of course be copied to your mega file.

Creating a ‘Mega-Multiple Rules File’

As I mentioned earlier there is a ‘copy’ tool in the rules editor that will allow you to copy additional rules into your mega file including any new examples I post in the future.

So to begin with you first need to open your destination file ie, you mega-multiple rules file (or whatever destination file you want to copy the rules into) and click the ‘copy’ button as shown in the image below
Copy.JPG

That will spawn another window where you need to select the rules file you want to copy the rules from, in the image I’ve selected the file named ‘Recent Volume Increase’ and then selected all the rules in it. Then its just a case of clicking the ‘Add rules to End’ button and that will copy them into your destination rules file
Copy2.JPG
To select multiple rules click on the first then with your ‘Shift’ key held down you can select the other rules you want

And that’s it done you have now added another set of rules to your mega file.

Tip for Multiple Rules in a File

When you open the mega file example here you’ll notice I’ve separated each set of rules, this is something I like doing whenever merging any type of rules into one file which are not related to each other, this makes editing them easier and keeps the file looking cleaner

All I do for this is add a ‘Set/Modify Signal’ rule (but don’t even bother setting a signal with it), its just so I can create a name using several ---------- to mark the end of the previous set of rules.

I then duplicate that rule by selecting it and clicking the icon with two green arrows in the upper left corner on the window, I can then change the name to whatever set of rules its for and I always end this name with with several ****

As you can see in the image below it’s now easy to see each set of rules different within this file, making the job of editing or removing them in future much simple
Mega Rules.JPG

Create your own Mega-Multi Rules File

So now you know how to create a 'Mega-Multiple' rules file why not have a go yourself, if you've already downloaded some of the examples I've posted pick one in your rules editor and click the disc+ to save AS and give it a new name ie, 'My Column Rules' then following the copy steps above copy the rules from the other file into it so you have both under one file and will no longer need to switch 'Safety Servants' to use each one - you only now need to change your Grid layout and Custom columns profiles.

If you haven't downloaded one or both you can get them along with the Grid layouts and Custom column profiles from the links below
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=22955
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22957

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download a Mega-Rules File

If you'd like to download the mega file seen in the earlier screenshot containing 5 sets of rules it is avaliable below along with each of the Grid Layout and Custom Column profiles you'll need

First download and import the ‘Additional Data Multi File.baf' file into your Servant Manager, once downloaded to your computer open the Servant Manager by clicking on the Bellboy icon.
Additional Data Multi File.baf
SM.JPG

Next you need to go onto the ‘Safety’ tab of the Servant Manager and select that rules file as your safety servant, remembering to tick the box next to it to enable it.
SM Mega Rules Import.JPG

Custom Column Files

Next you'll need to download and import the five custom column files (ending .bcc), then whilst on your one click screen click the ‘Star’ icon and that will open the Custom Column editor, after that click the import button and browse for the downloaded file on your PC - then you can select that file as your Profile.
Average Price Columns.bcc
Greening Columns.bcc
Historic Prices Column.bcc
Recent Volume Columns.bcc
Tennis Score Columns.bcc
CC Import.JPG
CC Import1.JPG

Grid Layout Profiles

Finally you'll need to download and import the five Grid Layout profiles (ending .bgl), then whilst on your one click screen click the paper with green arrow icon to import the grid layout settings file - you'll then be able to select it from the pick list just to the left of the gold star.
Average Price Layout.bgl
Greening Layout.bgl
Historic Price Layout.bgl
Recent Volume Grid.bgl
Tennis Score Layout.bgl
GL Import.JPG

Ready to Use

Once you've imported the files you need and set the ‘Additional Data Multi File.baf as your 'Safety Servant' and selected the grid layout and custom columns you'll use most often if you then go to the top left corner of your screen and click ‘Settings’ you can re-save your current settings profile, or click ‘Save AS’ to create a new profile.

That will mean you’ll be able to log in to Bet Angel everything will be ready for you, all you need to do is switch between your one-click screen grid layout and custom columns profile as and when you need to and everything is being done for you
Saved Profiles.JPG
OC Greening Columns.JPG

and then choose another grid layout and custom columns profile
Saved Profiles 2.JPG
Average Prices.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”