Stopping a custom column from placing a bet

With Bet Angel you can customise just about everything. You can also export and import all the settings and layouts. Here are some examples.
Autolearner

Following one of Peter's very helpful videos, I created a custom column on the One Click screen I created a button to place a back bet at 1.01 (knowing that the Exchange will match higher if possible).

I then created a Servant to basically do the same thing (but add in a few checks) and associated it with these buttons.

Unfortunately now both things fire (i.e. the servant and the back bet), and I can't see a way of stopping the latter and just having the servant operate

Apologies if this should be obvious
Dallas

I'm not sure how you've managed to get to actions on the same button?

In the Custom Column editor for that button the action should be 'Start a Servant' or 'Place a back Bet'

Maybe check the servant doesn't have 2 back bet rules in it?
Autolearner

Hi Dallas

Thanks for the quick reply

I don't think it is the servant

Here is the screen grab from the custom column editor, and what I think I am looking for is to stop the lower highlighted bet kicking in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:13 pm
Hi Dallas

Thanks for the quick reply

I don't think it is the servant

Here is the screen grab from the custom column editor, and what I think I am looking for is to stop the lower highlighted bet kicking in
That bottom part is only relevent when using 'Place a bet' for your action
As you are using 'Start an Automation Servant' those settings below will automatically be disabled/ignored

Do you have a copy of a log from a market its placing two bets on?
Autolearner

Hi again Dallas

I attach the relevant log file

The first part of it refers to me using your "Dobbing with Moving exit" bot which I used on Fortune Street (been experimenting with this - for which many thanks!)

The latter part is when I click on the custom button for Broomfields Jeremy

From what I see, the servant activates, places it's bet then stops - and then there is the follow on bet

Thanks as ever for any advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi again Dallas

I attach the relevant log file

The first part of it refers to me using your "Dobbing with Moving exit" bot which I used on Fortune Street (been experimenting with this - for which many thanks!)

The latter part is when I click on the custom button for Broomfields Jeremy

From what I see, the servant activates, places it's bet then stops - and then there is the follow on bet

Thanks as ever for any advice
As I suspected it is the Servant that's placing both the bets, the second bet being placed at the same time the servant is stopped.
Double check your servant rules, you might have it armed to trigger 2 times or another stray rule thats placing a back bet
Autolearner

You were of course right!

I changed the rule to only fire once and all is well (although it does seem to fire after the servant has stopped for some reason, but it works!)

Many thanks
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:09 pm
You were of course right!

I changed the rule to only fire once and all is well (although it does seem to fire after the servant has stopped for some reason, but it works!)

Many thanks
Thats just because of the in-play delay and the way the log is written (the log gets updated once every second)
What actually happens is the servant is started, bet gets placed and the Servant is then stopped

But the Bet information isn't written to the log until Bet Angel gets confirmation and an ID from Betfair thats its been placed/matched - which due to the in-play delay is not till a second later hence it appears after the servant stopped log entry
Autolearner

Ah - thanks for clarifying and all your help both in this instance and throughout the forum

Return to “Bet Angel - Customisation, settings, filters and coupons.”