Guardian custom columns not displaying title?

With Bet Angel you can customise just about everything. You can also export and import all the settings and layouts. Here are some examples.
Derek27

Capture.PNG
I've created a custom column in Guardian, it was working fine yesterday but now the bar title has reverted back to custom 1, the tool tip still working. Anyone know what the issue could be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Check you've got the right 'Layout' selected
Derek27

I've only got one layout but mysteriously it started working again after I logged out of practice mode and into live mode. :)
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I think it displays 'custom 1' until I switch layout, to default settings and back to my layout.
Dallas

When you are switching or have a saved layout loaded providing you have the custom column with the relevant saved columns in it then everything should be displayed as soon as its selected

What's the column displaying is it a stored value or additional information?
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 am
When you are switching or have a saved layout loaded providing you have the custom column with the relevant saved columns in it then everything should be displayed as soon as its selected

What's the column displaying is it a stored value or additional information?
This is what it displays, the SV gets incremented every minute. It's not really a problem but when I open Guardian it displays 'Custom 1' until I switch to <Bet Angel Layout>, and remains when I switch back.
Capture.PNG
Dallas

Can you set out exactly the steps you do for it to disappear and display custom column 1?

I created a custom column exactly the same and saved it as part of the Default profile custom columns
Then I Imported and selected your 'Standard' profile but no matter what I do it is always showing 'mins' as the column header whenever the 'Standard' profile is loaded no matter what I do

Even re-saving my main settings with the 'Standard' profile selected so it loads on next login its still there for me
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:14 pm
Can you set out exactly the steps you do for it to disappear and display custom column 1?

I created a custom column exactly the same and saved it as part of the Default profile custom columns
Then I Imported and selected your 'Standard' profile but no matter what I do it is always showing 'mins' as the column header whenever the 'Standard' profile is loaded no matter what I do

Even re-saving my main settings with the 'Standard' profile selected so it loads on next login its still there for me
I simply start BA, open Guardian and I see custom 1. If I close Guardian and reopen it I see Mins in the column title, it's only when I just started BA.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:48 pm
Dallas wrote:

I simply start BA, open Guardian and I see custom 1. If I close Guardian and reopen it I see Mins in the column title, it's only when I just started BA.
OK, cheers, I've just logged in and this is how it appears for me with the mins already showing as the column header name

Capture.JPG

Just to clarify I've not had to select anything, ie, the Layout is already saved as 'standard' and the custom columns set to 'Default'

Are your profiles already loaded in the same way (ie, you don't need to select either when logging in) but the min column header is displayed as custom column 1?
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:14 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

OK, cheers, I've just logged in and this is how it appears for me with the mins already showing as the column header name

Capture.JPG

Just to clarify I've not had to select anything, ie, the Layout is already saved as 'standard' and the custom columns set to 'Default'

Are your profiles already loaded in the same way (ie, you don't need to select either when logging in) but the min column header is displayed as custom column 1?
Yes, I just log in, standard is selected and the only layout but I have to switch to get the mins.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:26 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:14 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.JPG

Yes, I just log in, standard is selected and the only layout but I have to switch to get the mins.
Hmmmm, this shouldn't make a difference but just give it a try

Go into edit custom columns and add a new profile or two and just create and save some custom columns for them
Then try logging in again

The only difference between mine and your set up now is I've got several saved custom column profiles (which I can't delete at the moment to test myself), and just want to 100% rule out its nothing to do with only having/using the default custom column profile
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm

Go into edit custom columns and add a new profile or two and just create and save some custom columns for them

The only difference between mine and your set up now is I've got several saved custom column profiles (which I can't delete at the moment to test myself), and just want to 100% rule out its nothing to do with only having/using the default custom column profile
I've just tried that, it still says custom 1 until I switch layout. I've tried it on my other computer and have the same error!
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:15 pm
Dallas wrote:

I've just tried that, it still says custom 1 until I switch layout. I've tried it on my other computer and have the same error!
The only other thing I can think of is it could be to do with the main settings profile you have saved
Can you try logging in with your factory default profiles, then create a new settings profile on your main screen.
Then open Guardian and set your layout to Standard and re-save than new profile again

Then login with that new profile and see if that works
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

The only other thing I can think of is it could be to do with the main settings profile you have saved
Can you try logging in with your factory default profiles, then create a new settings profile on your main screen.
Then open Guardian and set your layout to Standard and re-save than new profile again

Thanks, that's worked fine. :)

I've moved some of my cfg files (ladder, watchlist, filter) to a shared folder on the network and replaced them with symbolic links (file system level shortcuts) so all my computers connect to the same settings. In theory it should work as normal as BA will be oblivious to the file's location but I may need to test that.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:18 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Thanks, that's worked fine. :)

I've moved some of my cfg files (ladder, watchlist, filter) to a shared folder on the network and replaced them with symbolic links (file system level shortcuts) so all my computers connect to the same settings. In theory it should work as normal as BA will be oblivious to the file's location but I may need to test that.
I'm assuming that done before you just created this new profile?

If so then its either a setting etc you had saved as part of that original profile that's conflicting with the Guardian layout.
Or it maybe to do with how you've moved some of the files ie, if they were in the original location when the settings file was created and saved but then moved by the time you created your Guardian layout and re-saved your settings profile (now in a new location).

Return to “Bet Angel - Customisation, settings, filters and coupons.”