High & Low Back/Lay Prices Highlighted on Ladder

Get the ladder set up exactly the way you like it.
Dallas

Here is a ladder settings file which when imported and used will display the highest and lowest back and lay prices using a marker to shade those cells giving you a clear visual of where the back/lay prices have touched recently.

High & Low Traded Price Markers 2.jpg

To use these ladder setting’s, click the 'Display Hi/Lo Traded Price Markers.bls file at the bottom of this post to download to your computer, then whilst on your ladder screen click the ‘Spanner’ icon to open the ladder settings editor and in the top left corner click;

Settings > Import Ladder Settings
Import Ladder Settings.JPG
Display Hi_Lo Traded Price Markers.bls

Storing Prices with a Servant or Automation Rules File

In addition to the ladder settings file above you will also need a rules file that will continually store the value of those prices and pass them to your ladder settings for the markers to display from the moment the servant is started.

There are two options here, the first is by using a Servant, to use this simply point your cursor at the selection/s you want to Store the High/Low back and lay prices for and start the Servant.
This is a useful method if you only want to display the high/low prices for specific selections and or you want to reset set it quickly from time to time, ie, each time you restart the servant it will only display the new High/Low back and lay from that moment onwards.

To do this simply download the 'ASC Store Hi & Low Back & Lay Prices.baf' from the link below and import it into your Servant Manager and assign it to a shortcut combination or keyboard shortcut of your choice
Import.JPG
ASC Store Hi & Lo Back & Lay Prices.baf

The second method is to use Guardian Automation, the rules file here will continually store the value of those prices and pass them to your ladder settings for the markers to display from the moment you add the rules file to your market in Guardian and that market begins to be refreshed.
This is useful if you want to see the high and low prices the selections have touched throughout the day since you applied the rules file to your market, then see it continually update while you have it on screen.

To do this simply download the 'Store Hi & Low Back & Lay Prices.baf' from the link below. Once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file, then each day just add your markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all.
Guardian Import.jpg
Display Hi & Lo Back & Lay Prices.baf

Of course you could use a combination of the two, ie, run the Guardian rule from earlier morning so you have the high/low for each runner at the time you open the market but then as it nears the start re-set it using the servant to see only the recent high/low prices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Westerner

Thanks for this Dallas. It's very useful and the new BA version looks very interesting indeed :D

I've downloaded these templates and have got them to work but I would really like to add a timescale to these rules e.g. Only highlight the high and lows of back/lay prices on the ladder from the last 10 mins

Is there a way of doing this?

Thank you :)
Dallas

Westerner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:39 pm
Thanks for this Dallas. It's very useful and the new BA version looks very interesting indeed :D

I've downloaded these templates and have got them to work but I would really like to add a timescale to these rules e.g. Only highlight the high and lows of back/lay prices on the ladder from the last 10 mins

Is there a way of doing this?

Thank you :)
Yes, you just need to edit the times for each rule on the General tab from 'Always Armed' to 'Event Start Time'
and enter the times you want them to trigger from and till

Its the same for both the Servant and full automation files, if using the servant ones you can still start the servant on a selection/s anytime you want and if its before the times you set you'll see a yellow light to indicate its 'Pending', then as soon as it gets to 10mins or whatever time you set the markers will start appearing
Westerner

Thanks for the reply, but my bad - think I didn't explain properly.

I'm not looking to start the recording at set times - instead I'd be looking to highlight prices on a rolling basis.

e.g. If I was trading a cricket match it would highlight the high and low prices for the last 10 mins during the whole 8 hours of the game

Is that do-able? It would be a big help.

Thanks again.
Dallas

Westerner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Thanks for the reply, but my bad - think I didn't explain properly.

I'm not looking to start the recording at set times - instead I'd be looking to highlight prices on a rolling basis.

e.g. If I was trading a cricket match it would highlight the high and low prices for the last 10 mins during the whole 8 hours of the game

Is that do-able? It would be a big help.

Thanks again.
ah ok i think i see what you mean now, if so then yes it should just be a case of also adding a stored value to the history each time the new hi/lo rules triggerst, then editing the markets to look up that history list at the past point in time instead of them using the current stored value.

It's a 2 second job to add whats needed so will post an updated file, and explain what you need to change on the markers in the ladder settings, before I di just to confirm i've understood correctly at say 02:00:00 into a match you want to see the hi/lo prices at 01:50:00, and at 02:00:01 the hi/lo prices a 01:50:01 and so on?
Westerner

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:05 am

before I di just to confirm i've understood correctly at say 02:00:00 into a match you want to see the hi/lo prices at 01:50:00, and at 02:00:01 the hi/lo prices a 01:50:01 and so on?
Not quite - I'd be looking for the high and low prices BETWEEN 01:50:00 and 02:00:00 to be displayed on the ladder e.g the high could have been 1.84 at 01:56:21 and the low 1.65 at 01:52:48

And as the match/event continues have this automatically update each second for the last 10 min period.

Obviously 10 mins is just an example here and ideally the time period could be adjusted e.g. 30 secs, 2 mins, 10 mins etc.

Thank you very much :)

Mark
Dallas

Westerner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:06 pm
Dallas wrote:

before I di just to confirm i've understood correctly at say 02:00:00 into a match you want to see the hi/lo prices at 01:50:00, and at 02:00:01 the hi/lo prices a 01:50:01 and so on?
Not quite - I'd be looking for the high and low prices BETWEEN 01:50:00 and 02:00:00 to be displayed on the ladder e.g the high could have been 1.84 at 01:56:21 and the low 1.65 at 01:52:48

And as the match/event continues have this automatically update each second for the last 10 min period.

Obviously 10 mins is just an example here and ideally the time period could be adjusted e.g. 30 secs, 2 mins, 10 mins etc.

Mark
ah OK, i get it now, thats not going to be possible with the current set of options avaliable, it would have to be either a historic rolling hi/lo, or use fixed time blocks, ie, the hi/lo between 01:50:00 and 02:00:00 then reset and display the hi/lo from 02:00:01 till 02:10:00 and so on
Westerner

That's a shame but thanks for taking a look at this. Hopefully the list of options expands at some point to offer this functionality. Cheers!
Korattt

are we able to shade the area between the high & low traded prices?, just attempted it but couldn’t fathom it out?
sniffer66

Westerner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:06 pm
Dallas wrote:

Mark
You may want to have a look at the baf I posted here

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18997&p=194000&hilit=range#p194000

It was a while ago but I used 2 sets of high/low stored values, think it was long and short. The short term updated the long term so that the range could extend/contract over a given time period i.e the last 10 mins. Not perfect, as there is a slight lag, but it may do what you need
Westerner

Thank you Sniffer - will take a look at that tomorrow :D

Return to “Ladder trading interface”