No alert name in watchlist alert column?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Just been having a play with my first Steamer/Drifter alert(s) by following Dallas's tutorial;
viewtopic.php?f=61&start=1&t=18303&sid= ... f4ebc7d103

I think I have followed everything correctly, but cant work out why there is no column header on my alerts column in my watchlist.
I created 2 alerts, one for steamers and one for drifters as suggested in the tutorial. (named Steamer / Drifter). I Applied rules to all markets. I can see them bother in the "Automation Rules 1" column using the drop down in the markets added to Guardian. I have checked "Alert" in the Display tab on the Watchlist, and the column is added but with nothing in the header to let me know I have completed properly.

Any ideas?

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Have you checked the automation tab below the bottom window in Guardian, that will show if the rule is triggering or not

If so the problem lies in the WL set up
If not then its something to do with the rule
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brovashift

It just Alerted me to a drifter at the 15:00 Newmarket..... Is there a way it can tell me what horse?
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:00 pm
It just Alerted me to a drifter at the 15:00 Newmarket..... Is there a way it can tell me what horse?
If you've applied it to the 'Watch list Selection Row' (image 3) it will get displayed next to the selection that triggered it (last image)
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:03 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:00 pm
If you've applied it to the 'Watch list Selection Row' (image 3) it will get displayed next to the selection that triggered it (last image)
Ah yes, thank you, I had "header row" selected. I've added all markets in now and the thing is pinging off all over the place lol.
I've still not got anything in the Alert column header though, like in your last image in the tutorial. Racking my brain now trying to think what WL is?? And the auto tab at the bottom of guardian window?
Brovashift

Uh.... WL = Watch list init :lol:

Do you mean Auto scroll and Auto restore? yes both of these are checked
Brovashift

I think the Alert is working fine now... Bit irritating tbh because I've put too many markets in there...

But with regards to the Alert column header in the watchlist... Where does it pull that name from? I've obviously missed it out somewhere in the rules file. Although doesn't look like it.

And just found the Auto tab at the bottom of guardian. Crazy how something can be right infront of you but youre blind to it lol. Yes the rule is in there and seems to be working correctly... But it only shows the curernt selecetd rule; either my Steamer rule or my Drifter rule, and seems to be only alerting me to whatever I have it selecetd to.

Can I create 1 rule that will show me both steamers and drifters, or is it best to focus on trading one or the other at a time?

Thanks
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:18 pm
I think the Alert is working fine now... Bit irritating tbh because I've put too many markets in there...

But with regards to the Alert column header in the watchlist... Where does it pull that name from? I've obviously missed it out somewhere in the rules file. Although doesn't look like it.

And just found the Auto tab at the bottom of guardian. Crazy how something can be right infront of you but youre blind to it lol. Yes the rule is in there and seems to be working correctly... But it only shows the curernt selecetd rule; either my Steamer rule or my Drifter rule, and seems to be only alerting me to whatever I have it selecetd to.

Can I create 1 rule that will show me both steamers and drifters, or is it best to focus on trading one or the other at a time?

Thanks
You can just add another identical rule to the rules file that test for a 'Drifter', so both 'Steamers' and 'Drifters' can be alerted with the same file
If you look at the final image in that topic you can see the 'Drifter Alert'

If your markets are refreshing fast enough you could have several hundred markets loaded and it would still alert you as soon as the conditions were met on a runner
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:55 pm
Brovashift wrote:

Thanks
You can just add another identical rule to the rules file that test for a 'Drifter', so both 'Steamers' and 'Drifters' can be alerted with the same file

If your markets are refreshing fast enough you could have several hundred markets loaded and it would still alert you as soon as the conditions were met on a runner
This automation and refresh rate is some powerful stuff. I have read about algos in financial markets in the past. The opportunity to remove the human emotion/descision making is really quite exciting.

I've just noticed in your last image in that Alerts tutorial there is no column header is there. I have mistaken that "drifter" on the pink background as the column header, when in actual fact that is your Drifter Alert showing.... There will be a lot of these silly mistakes lol

I've added another rule to the existing rules file for both steamers and drifters, excellent.... Thank you :mrgreen:
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm
Dallas wrote:
Brovashift wrote:

Thanks

This automation and refresh rate is some powerful stuff. I have read about algos in financial markets in the past. The opportunity to remove the human emotion/descision making is really quite exciting.

I've just noticed in your last image in that Alerts tutorial there is no column header is there. I have mistaken that "drifter" on the pink background as the column header, when in actual fact that is your Drifter Alert showing.... There will be a lot of these silly mistakes lol

I've added another rule to the existing rules file for both steamers and drifters, excellent.... Thank you :mrgreen:

You could add your own column header easy enough, you just need another alert rule adding (no conditions and just set it to trigger once and to always be armed) and on the Parameters tab use 'Entered text' as your alert and input whatever you want (ie, Direction) and then set it on the Watch List Market Header Row
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Brovashift wrote:

Thanks

Hi Dallas, I was just looking at my refresh rates and notice I don't have 20ms in the drop down, it only goes as low as 200ms. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 pm
Dallas wrote:
Brovashift wrote:

Thanks

Hi Dallas, I was just looking at my refresh rates and notice I don't have 20ms in the drop down, it only goes as low as 200ms. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks
If you enable streaming you'll be able to refresh up to 20ms (50 times per second)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/ret ... ation.html
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:08 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 pm
Dallas wrote:

Thanks
If you enable streaming you'll be able to refresh up to 20ms (50 times per second)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/ret ... ation.html
Ah right, thank you...

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”