Alert to Relative Percentage Increase in Traded Volume Guardian Bot

Get Bet Angel to scan for your favoured trading set up and alert you to any Betfair trading opportunities you are looking for.
Dallas

These are basic Guardian automation files for use on pre-off Football markets but can be used on almost any type of market.

Once applied to a market the first thing it will do is store the value of the traded volume percentage for the home, away and draw odds. It will then restore the latest traded volume percentage every 30mins until KO, should any of these traded volumes suddenly increase by a relative 10% during a 30min period (ie, following team news etc) then an audio alert will sound and a pop up message will appear informing you of which selection triggered the alert.

For example, if the percentage of the traded volume on the home team was 68% then the alert would trigger if the percentage increased to 74.8% or higher (an increase of 6.8% or more) during 30mins.

The bot is set to ‘always be armed’ but does have an 'in-play condition to test that the market is NOT in-play so it will only trigger in pre-off markets. So it will be running the moment its applied to a market in Guardian, if you wish to use it only in the final few hours you can use the ‘Restrict Refresh’ option found on the ‘Advanced’ tab in Guardian to instruct guardian when to start refreshing markets, checking automation files etc.

How it Works

When the rule called ‘Store %’ triggers it stores the value of the traded volume % with the name ‘curr%’
At the same time, it also stores a 2nd value which takes the value of ‘curr%’ and adds 10% then stores the result as a new value named ‘increased’
and its this new stored value named 'increase' which must be exceeded for the alerts to trigger

Or to look at it another way
it stores value ‘A’ and at the same time stores another value (which is ‘A’ plus 10%) to create a final value of ‘B’
So if the stored value named curr% was 68%
The stored value named ‘increase’ would be 68% plus 6.8% making a Stored Value named ‘increase 74.8%
The alerts will then trigger if the traded volume is greater than 74.8% within the next 30mins

An example of the type of opportunities this will alert you to happened just before Egypt’s final group match when reports Mo Salah wouldn’t be playing came out, that caused a surge of activity which will of increased the traded volume on Egypt and set off the alert, of course this was wrong and he was playing so there was plenty of backing opportunity to be had as the odds began to return to their existing price.

Salah.JPG

To use the file just click on the Alert to Relative Traded Vol Increase.Baf’ and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thomsch

Nice one Dallas
Simonlofc

Many thanks again Im sure this will be useful in all sorts of markets
mkieeely

Top work! I imported this and worked like a charm already on a huge Lay order on Croatia a few hours ago. However is there a way of receiving the alert in a more efficient way? I read Peter's blog post about him having to point his speakers out the window when afk and wondered if the alert could be received maybe through a mobile notification or possibly an email with notifications set up?

I Imagine it would be difficult without a designated betangel mobile app, but thought i would ask anyway.
Dallas

mkieeely wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:31 pm
Top work! I imported this and worked like a charm already on a huge Lay order on Croatia a few hours ago. However is there a way of receiving the alert in a more efficient way? I read Peter's blog post about him having to point his speakers out the window when afk and wondered if the alert could be received maybe through a mobile notification or possibly an email with notifications set up?

I Imagine it would be difficult without a designated betangel mobile app, but thought i would ask anyway.
Glad to hear it caught a good trade for you :)
unfortunately, though there is no way for it to notify you other than the alerts/messages via the software it currently does
pfc304

Dallas, thank you for this.

Just one thing, you wrote "Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File"."

However, my understanding is that this merely creates an alert to a potential trading opportunity and makes no actual execution. So I assume your comment with respect to stake size is a typo?

Thank you
Dallas

pfc304 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:31 pm
Dallas, thank you for this.

Just one thing, you wrote "Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File"."

However, my understanding is that this merely creates an alert to a potential trading opportunity and makes no actual execution. So I assume your comment with respect to stake size is a typo?

Thank you
Yes, this file does just alert you - no bets are placed
The bottom 3 paragraphs are just generic text which is used on all the files I upload
Diginet

mkieeely wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:31 pm

I know this post was a while back. You can link your phone to your PC via anydesk and receive the alerts just have the volume up on your phone. Pretty crude but it works
makkad

With the latest version of BA is it possible to perform this function for horse racing, for all selections, without having to repeat the rules for each individual row? as in this .baf file?
Borism30

Hello Dallas I am new to this forum and every article I read your name is present I understand that you are a true professional in this field follow and your videos on youtube are very useful

I wanted to ask if there is a betangel bot to tell me if the matchet volume has raised ,bot I found in this forum give me the volume of box where it was bet ,
i need the total volume change

if you would help me I would be very grateful to you
Dallas

Borism30 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:01 pm
Hello Dallas I am new to this forum and every article I read your name is present I understand that you are a true professional in this field follow and your videos on youtube are very useful

I wanted to ask if there is a betangel bot to tell me if the matchet volume has raised ,bot I found in this forum give me the volume of box where it was bet ,
i need the total volume change

if you would help me I would be very grateful to you
There is a similar rules file that already tests the market volume here
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16237

If you start with that you'll just need to edit the first rule which stores the volume 5 mins before the off
and change that to trigger unlimited time rearming every 5 secs
(and then change the percentage value from 50% to whatever you want on the stored value tab)

and that will do it
Borism30

Thank you soo much
tommo

Hi Dallas,
Newbie question.
I'd like to test this bot on a couple of games today but I'm not sure what market to select?

1. Markets ?
2. Automation nominated selection ?

Many thanks in advance.
Dallas

tommo wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:41 am
Hi Dallas,
Newbie question.
I'd like to test this bot on a couple of games today but I'm not sure what market to select?

1. Markets ?
2. Automation nominated selection ?

Many thanks in advance.
It can be used on any type of market
tommo

Thanks Dallas.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Betfair trading alerts”