Alert to Strong Fav Losing on Watch List Guardain Automation Bot for Football

Get Bet Angel to scan for your favoured trading set up and alert you to any Betfair trading opportunities you are looking for.
Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Soccer markets.

The purpose of the bot is to alert you via your watchlist when the pre-match favourite is losing and their odds are now trading at double the odds or more than they were at KO.

When the alert goes off it will flash the words ‘Fav Losing’ next to the team in your watchlist, it will also auto-scroll to that market (useful if you have dozens of markets in your watchlist) and in case you have the watchlist minimized at the time the alert goes off it will also auto maximize the Watchlist window for you.

So you will have instant notification of which match and team the alert relates to which you can then click on and launch the on to your ladder or one-click trading screen to take action on.

Watchlist 2.JPG

The Alert will remain visible in the watchlist as shown above until you manually clear it by right-clicking on the Alert/Alert Column or until another alert you may be using overwrites it.

How it Works

At the start of the match, a signal is set named ‘fav’ if the fav’s lay price is less than 1.75 and there has been over 100K traded on the market, if this signal is not set then none of the other rules will trigger, in effect it filters out matches for you where there is no strong fav
At the same time, the rule will also store the value of the back price with the name ‘koprice’

There are two rules within the file, the rule named ‘Signal goal’ will monitor the draw odds and if they increase or decrease by 10 or more ticks within 65secs (which will usually indicate a goal has been scored) they will set a signal named ‘goal’ on the market

As the match progresses the Alert rule will trigger on your watch list next to the team IF;
The signal named ‘fav’ is set (ie, the price of the fav at KO was <1.75)
The signal named ‘goal’ is set (ie, someone has scored – this stops the alert-triggering if the favs price has drifted out due to natural time decay and its still 0-0)
The odds of the fav are 100% higher than the stored value named 'koprice' (ie, if they were 1.40 at KO when the price was stored then their price would need to now be >2.80)

To use this file just click on the following link below ’Alert Strong Fav Losing.Baf’ ’ and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DRED1

Hi Dallas, is it possible to have a sound alert too with this automation?
Thanks
DR
Dallas

DRED1 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:30 pm
Hi Dallas, is it possible to have a sound alert too with this automation?
Thanks
DR
Yes, on the parameters tab ticking the top box will allow a sound file to be selected/played when the alert triggers
MemphisFlash

why are there 2 signal goal rules both the same
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRED1

thanks Dallas
DR
DaveD

Thanks Dallas,
i've read loads of your posts and you must put so much effort into this, and then to share it is so generous, just downloaded this along with one from Lee Cad. its something i've been wanting to do for ages but didn't have a clue as to where to start
thanks again
Dave D
Thebest147

Could y you use this bot for pre off odds on favourites in racing ect
TraderAaron

I've only been around a week but i've used and adapted so much of your work already Dallas. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible to change this to lay the underdog/ scorer rather than sending an alert?

Edit: :idea: I think i worked out a way of doing it...
I changed it to set a signal instead of creating an alert. Before the match enter the underdog in the nominated section , I can then tell it to lay the nominated selection if the signal is set.
Not quite fully automated but not far off, only a couple of extra clicks pre match.
Dallas

TraderAaron wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:53 pm
I've only been around a week but i've used and adapted so much of your work already Dallas. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible to change this to lay the underdog/ scorer rather than sending an alert?

Edit: :idea: I think i worked out a way of doing it...
I changed it to set a signal instead of creating an alert. Before the match enter the underdog in the nominated section , I can then tell it to lay the nominated selection if the signal is set.
Not quite fully automated but not far off, only a couple of extra clicks pre match.
If you wanted it fully automated it would just be a case of changing the Alert rule type to a 'place lay bet' rule
ffchaci

Hello,
I am looking for some help please. Rather than just an alert to the fav losing, I was wondering if there was a way to Lay the underdog once their odds drop below the favs.
So if we identify the fav and the underdog before KO, then if during the game the underdogs odds drop below the Fav's we lay the underdog. Sometimes when we have a strong fav, if they go a goal down, they still remain at low odds. I'm waiting to get the value of the underdogs odds dropping low before laying them. Then greening up once they go back above (say the Fav's equalises).
Thank you for reading this far. Any help would be extremely grateful. I did try and play around with this automation but couldn't get it to work.
Regards
Dallas

ffchaci wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:43 am
Hello,
I am looking for some help please. Rather than just an alert to the fav losing, I was wondering if there was a way to Lay the underdog once their odds drop below the favs.
So if we identify the fav and the underdog before KO, then if during the game the underdogs odds drop below the Fav's we lay the underdog. Sometimes when we have a strong fav, if they go a goal down, they still remain at low odds. I'm waiting to get the value of the underdogs odds dropping low before laying them. Then greening up once they go back above (say the Fav's equalises).
Thank you for reading this far. Any help would be extremely grateful. I did try and play around with this automation but couldn't get it to work.
Regards
You'd need 2 x Set/Modify Signal rules (one applied to Betfair row 1, the other applied to Betfair row 2) to set a signal on the selection (use the same name for each)
each with a 'Relative odds condition' to test
selections back price
is greater than
back price selection in 'By Position (in order of favouritism) 1

Only one of those rules will ever trigger setting a signal on the underdog

Then on your back/lay or alert rule applied to the selection 'By Position (in order of favouritism) 1
add a 'Signal Set Condition'
to test if the signal name you created above is set with a value

That will do it
ffchaci

I shall have a dabble. Thank you. I’m a complete novice so am sure I’ll be back with a few more questions.
Much appreciated
Dallas

ffchaci wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:05 pm
I shall have a dabble. Thank you. I’m a complete novice so am sure I’ll be back with a few more questions.
Much appreciated
No probs if you get stuck just give me a shout

I'm not around much tomorrow so you may have to wait for a reply if you post one then

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Betfair trading alerts”