Alert to LTP Crossing over the VWAP Guardian automation Bot

Get Bet Angel to scan for your favoured trading set up and alert you to any Betfair trading opportunities you are looking for.
GBT

Hi Dallas, great bot... I've change the alert to a back or lay bet, which works perfectly.

I've copied the bet rule to fire 10 ticks above or below best market price, but is not firing... only the 1st bet rule.

Any pointers, would be a great help.
Dallas

GBT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:50 pm
Hi Dallas, great bot... I've change the alert to a back or lay bet, which works perfectly.

I've copied the bet rule to fire 10 ticks above or below best market price, but is not firing... only the 1st bet rule.

Any pointers, would be a great help.
If you attach the file i'll take a look for you
GBT

Cheers Dallas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

GBT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Cheers Dallas
It looks like the 'signal' being cleared from the first of each pair of back/lay rule's are stopping it

The rules are checked in order so if we take the following two rules as an example

'Back to crossing VWAP Downwards (this has a clear signal on the signal tab)
Back 4 ticks to crossing VWAP Downwards (this needs that signal to trigger)

So to fix just remove the clear signal from all the 'crossing VWAP rules'
and add that signal to the '4 ticks to crossing VWAP rules'

That should do it
PeterLe

Dallas
Thanks for taking the time to create and share these files. I dont know how you find time
Im going to run a slight modified version on the horses today, just as a yard stick
Thanks again,
Regards
Peter
slipperytoad

this one feature has made me resubscribe to BA as it means that I can now apply strategies used in the financial trading in horse racing markets.

Dallas you are the don .. :D
Dallas

slipperytoad wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 pm
this one feature has made me resubscribe to BA as it means that I can now apply strategies used in the financial trading in horse racing markets.

Dallas you are the don .. :D
Good to have you back :)
MAGTRADEUK

Hello I am using trial at the moment and have seen the part of the thread where you add additional information into the one click screen i.e. I have added data into custom column profile and populated columns 10 and 12. All is ok on the one-click display, question is how do I get to add the additional information when I use EXCEL?

I have done some searching around but cant seem to find a pointer on this, can anyone point me in the right direction. Many thanks.
MAGTRADEUK

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 am
Hello I am using trial at the moment and have seen the part of the thread where you add additional information into the one click screen i.e. I have added data into custom column profile and populated columns 10 and 12. All is ok on the one-click display, question is how do I get to add the additional information when I use EXCEL?

I have done some searching around but cant seem to find a pointer on this, can anyone point me in the right direction. Many thanks.
[/quote

Typical just after I posted, I found what I needed. Sorry.
JimmyH

Morning to all.

I'm still trying to get my head around the automation side of things and getting to know the value of using information provided by VWAP amongst others.

I have noticed on my research of VWAP, alot of day traders will set their trailing stop at the VWAP price and I was wondering if this is possible to do on BA?

I'm fairly certain it could be as it seems the only thing BA doesn't appear to do is make you a cup of tea!!

First thing I suppose, is do you think having this trailing stop is a good idea?

And secondly how I would go about adding it to my rules file.

I have got to learn how to do these things by myself at some point, so I would really appreciate it if you would just point me in the general direction of how I can get this done (if it's worth doing), rather than actually telling me how to do it!!

Many thanks as always to all.

Jim.
Dallas

JimmyH wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:17 am
Morning to all.

I'm still trying to get my head around the automation side of things and getting to know the value of using information provided by VWAP amongst others.

I have noticed on my research of VWAP, alot of day traders will set their trailing stop at the VWAP price and I was wondering if this is possible to do on BA?

I'm fairly certain it could be as it seems the only thing BA doesn't appear to do is make you a cup of tea!!

First thing I suppose, is do you think having this trailing stop is a good idea?

I have got to learn how to do these things by myself at some point, so I would really appreciate it if you would just point me in the general direction of how I can get this done (if it's worth doing), rather than actually telling me how to do it!!

Jim.
It certainly can be done, its just case of using the name of the Stored Value for the VWAP as a condition on your green up rule
And the stored value condition would test the price
is now greater than
The stored Value Named
vwap

If I get chance tonight or in the morning i'll post an example up, or if not I'll do it after Cheltenham
JimmyH

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:17 pm
JimmyH wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:17 am
Morning to all.

Jim.
It certainly can be done, its just case of using the name of the Stored Value for the VWAP as a condition on your green up rule
And the stored value condition would test the price
is now greater than
The stored Value Named
vwap

If I get chance tonight or in the morning i'll post an example up, or if not I'll do it after Cheltenham

Thanks so much.
Cannylodge

Ive been trialing this alert for the past few days. I think ive read it wrong. If its an 'upwards' alert does that suggest the price will drift or it has drifted and will possibly start dropping? and vice verse for the 'downwards' alert?
I thought if it was for example a downwards alert then i should be Laying the horse but a lot of the time i get a downwards alert the horses price drops further. I assume i have it wrong or i just havent tested it to enough races?

I set it up in guardian so i have 4 alerts for the 4 top priced horses and each alert flashes Lay if downwards and Back if upwards. Im now convinced ive got it wrong and should be the other way round.

Also is it possible to have a marker on the ladder that shows the alert at the LTP?
Cannylodge

Also to add a condition where the automation doesn't start monitoring the markets selections till there is a volume of 100k do i have to put this condition in every rule of the automation?
Dallas

Cannylodge wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:44 am
Also to add a condition where the automation doesn't start monitoring the markets selections till there is a volume of 100k do i have to put this condition in every rule of the automation?
It can be put just on the alert rule, the rest will do there stuff but you won't get any alerts until after there's 100k

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Betfair trading alerts”