Selection Traded Volume % Filled from the Base - Advanced Chart

Doji gravestones, Candlesticks. No, it's not a haunted house, it's your own custom advanced charting!
Dallas

The following ready-made Advanced Chart will display the traded volume percentage for each selection, the charts is displaying the last 5minutes activity and is plotting a new data point every 2 seconds as shown in the image below

Volume% Charts.jpg

You can see its showing the selection in the first ladder has had 44% of the total traded volume and this is reducing very slighty, the second selections traded volume has reduced from around 26% to 24% share of the total traded volume, whereas the 3rd selection has increased from 12.5% to 16.5% - so over the last 5mins the money has been coming for the 3rd selection

To use this Advanced Chart click the Volume% Chart.blc file below to download it to your computer, then in the top left corner of your screen click
Settings > Edit Settings > Charts > Advanced Charts
Then in the lower left corner of your Advanced Charts window click 'Import'
Adv Chart Import.jpg
Volume% Chart.bcs

To display the information on this Advanced Chart you will also need to download and import the following rules file into Guardian, once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file.
Then each day just add your markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all. The rules file will then store the required data from the markets and pass that to the chart file.

Guardian Import Image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Realrocknrolla

Love this mate!

If i change the times will it be affected in the history lists???

I know nothing about them!
Dallas

The HL Volume data file stores the volume every refresh, so assuming you have the market refreshing faster than 500ms you can set the chart plotting rate to anything you want, the data will be there for it to look up.

If your HL were being updated at a slower rate than your chart is set to plot at it wouldn't make any difference to the functionality, the chart would just update at the rate you tell it to using the latest value in the history list
stever78

Hi Dallas, thanks for posting this, very useful.

Looking at your 3 charts above. is there any way i can have the X-AXIS at a constant 0 to 100 % OF VOLUME. so for each of the 3 selections or charts for the X axis to say 0 at the bottom and 100 at the top.

reason i say this is to show me that even though selection 3 volume has gone up from 13 to 16% it is still much lower in volume than selection 1 at 44%. and i could quickly see this from the charts.

and then having your data of changing % would still be there and is obviosly important.

hope this makes sense , i would be very interested to know if this is possible, thanks, steve
stever78

stever78 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:09 pm
Hi Dallas, thanks for posting this, very useful.

Looking at your 3 charts above. is there any way i can have the X-AXIS at a constant 0 to 100 % OF VOLUME. so for each of the 3 selections or charts for the X axis to say 0 at the bottom and 100 at the top.

reason i say this is to show me that even though selection 3 volume has gone up from 13 to 16% it is still much lower in volume than selection 1 at 44%. and i could quickly see this from the charts.

and then having your data of changing % would still be there and is obviosly important.

hope this makes sense , i would be very interested to know if this is possible, thanks, steve
Im a dumbass, i mean the Y (VERTICAL) AXIS to always show 0-100 % on every selection - in order to give me a "quick-look" view to see what selection has most volume, and then your chart to see how that volume is moving, thanks
Euler

You may want to check out the market overview screen
stever78

thanks for info euler, so to get VOLUME and VOL % on the Market Overview i would need to SET the stored value in a HISTORY LIST is that correct ?
MemphisFlash

All set and ready to go

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stever78

vol chart screen snip.png
Hi Dallas,
i have donwloaded the chart.bcs - but the file only has PRICE in charts and the historical price in data series.

do i just simply need to add a volume chart and the corresponding history list that i store volume in. i assume so, so will give it a go. thanks
steve
stever78

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:35 am
All set and ready to go

Capture.PNG
Hi Memphis, hows it going, any luck with the dogs - im still using those octoparse files thanks !!
stever78

Hi - would greatly appreciate your help if poss.

My chart is picking up my VOLUME % from the history list - so thats a great start.

however my chart in respect to volume is extreemly small - see the specs of green in the lower chart on this pic.
vol chart 2 screen snip.png
Do you know how i can get them to look more like both your (dallas + memphis) examples above.

Do i simply need to give the volume its OWN chart and not have it on two charts like i have it with the price above.

the settings i am using is this
vol chart screen snip 2.png
many, many thanks
MemphisFlash

i just loaded the files as they were, not changed anything

Capture.PNG
stever78

OK - On those files it stores values to history list 1,2,3,4 and 5.

I wasnt sure if these other values were nessesary for this volume chart to work, do you think they are nessesary for this volume chart ?

Return to “Advanced charting”