Advanced Charts - Explained

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
cmccavera67

Hi All, i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an explanation of what is represented in the Candle/Volume/WoM/MACD chart? I have been using this is at its most basic level but likely interpreting the information wrongly.

I have looked in the user guide and in the forum for these basic explanations, but i can only find more advanced topics/discussions.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D :D
Dallas

The advanced charts are basically taken from the financial/stock charts

So if you do a Google search for their names (ie, Candlestick chart, MACD Chart etc), you'll find tons of web pages and video's explaining how to read them.

One thing to note is unlike financial/stock charts which run indefinitely Betfairs markets all have an end point
ShaunWhite

Investopedia is a good source of info explained in relatively simple terms.

As Dallas eluded to sports and financials are very different types of market so don't get too hung up about not understanding the more esoteric stuff, it probably wouldn't help you anyway. Besides charts are only history, an aide memoir, their predictive powers are dubious. If they said much then this would be easier than it is.
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:21 pm
Besides charts are only history, an aide memoir, their predictive powers are dubious.
I find that also but I'm also aware others swear by them.

I refer to them only when something dramatic happened, like a fat finger occurence just to shed light.
cmccavera67

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:59 pm
The advanced charts are basically taken from the financial/stock charts

So if you do a Google search for their names (ie, Candlestick chart, MACD Chart etc), you'll find tons of web pages and video's explaining how to read them.

One thing to note is unlike financial/stock charts which run indefinitely Betfairs markets all have an end point
Thanks Dallas, very much appreciated! will check into that, i didn't realise they were aligned so closely.
cmccavera67

ShaunWhite wrote:
Investopedia is a good source of info explained in relatively simple terms.

As Dallas eluded to sports and financials are very different types of market so don't get too hung up about not understanding the more esoteric stuff, it probably wouldn't help you anyway. Besides charts are only history, an aide memoir, their predictive powers are dubious. If they said much then this would be easier than it is.
Thanks Shuan, just looking at Investopedia here now. Seems to have a good depth of info so far!
cmccavera67

Emmson wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:55 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Besides charts are only history, an aide memoir, their predictive powers are dubious.
I find that also but I'm also aware others swear by them.

I refer to them only when something dramatic happened, like a fat finger occurence just to shed light.
Thanks Emmson, this is understood about charts representing the past, i am kind of in the middle of the road with them myself, just looking to understand a bit more in-depth as to what i am seeing to determine if it will become a main factor for me. That's a good point, on reviewing an anomaly or the inevitable fat finger episode :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”