Racing Results Trend Columns - Guardian Markets Layout List

Get all your markets loaded at once into a fully customisable layout
Dallas

This Guardian Market List Layout was inspired by another forum user Jamesg46 who recently posted a similar example, this expands on that idea and incorporates a few additional pieces of data.

When imported and used will display the following on your Guardian screen exactly as you see it in the image below...
Number of Selections
Alert column to display if there has been a Photo finish
Winning Jockey Name
Winning Trainer Name
Stall Draw
SP Rank

Full.JPG
* The photo finish alert is triggered if Betfair reopen a market after suspending it at the end of a race, they can sometimes do this in error so you mat get the odd false trigger
**The winner names requires the runner to trade at 1.01 (it will display the most recent if more than one do so during a race), but if no runner trades at 1.01 ie, it was a close race the columns will remain blank, unless a photo finish is declared in which case it will display whichever ends up with the shortest price

The purpose of this type of Guardian layout is so you can spot potential upcoming opportunities based on previous results, for example you might spot a jockey, trainer or jockey/trainer combo doing well at a meeting, or favourites are performing particularly well/bad at a course, or maybe those running from a high/low stall draw are having a good/bad day.

Results Trend.JPG
The layout has been saved in order of meeting then time, and all columns will be blank at the start of the day, as the results come in these will populate with the winner information.

Downloading and Importing the Files

To use these Guardian layout setting’s, click the Racing Results Trend Layout.glm file below to download it to your computer, then whilst on your Guardian screen click the 'List' tab then the 'page with a green arrow' icon'
Guardian Market Import.JPG
Racing Results Trend Layout.gml

To display the custom columns you will also need to download and import the following custom columns file into your Custom Column Editor in Guardian. To do this click on the file named Racing Results Trend Columns.gcc
Guardian CC Import.JPG
Racing Results Trend Columns.gcc

To display the alerts and update the ranking etc some of the information in the columns needs to be collected by a rules file, so you will also need to download and import the 'Racing Results Trend (rules File).baf' rules file into your Guardian, once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file, then each day just add your tennis markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all.
Guardian Import.jpg
Racing Results Trend (Rules File).baf

How the rules file works and Editing

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the rules file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".
Please refer to the 'Note' tab for each rule understand how each rule works and how it may be connected to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Using the Files

Once you have imported the custom column and grid lay out files from above you just need to select them in your 'Layout' and 'custom columns' areas
Guardian Ribbon 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Really like this layout & it fits nicely into my growing collection of layouts. Being able to flick through guardian layouts and get different informaton is great.

Thanks Dallas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:38 pm
Really like this layout & it fits nicely into my growing collection of layouts. Being able to flick through guardian layouts and get different informaton is great.

Thanks Dallas!
I've got a few personal Frankenstein profiles I'm always working on and just added to some of them with this
paspuggie48

Excellent stuff from you Dallas & James :D :)

Dallas, I presume the photo finish and winning J & T are based on said 1.01 price then? I mean, if there are two horses that are 1.01, which is rare I know but as an example I think it happened last week (well according to Guardian it showed both were 1.01), then what would the output be in Guardian?
Dallas

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:28 am
Excellent stuff from you Dallas & James :D :)

Dallas, I presume the photo finish and winning J & T are based on said 1.01 price then? I mean, if there are two horses that are 1.01, which is rare I know but as an example I think it happened last week (well according to Guardian it showed both were 1.01), then what would the output be in Guardian?
It will display the most recent to trade at 1.01, so in a regular race this should still be very accurate
If a photo finish occurs (in addition to the alert so you can verify the result elsewhere) because prices can flip flop and don't always go anywhere near 1.01 again this condition changes slightly and it will now display the most recent runner to trade below either 1.80 or 1.90 (I can't remember without checking).
So you'll again have the shortest priced finishers - but of course the market can sometimes get it wrong in a tight photo
angus.macleod88

Hi

I downloaded the files and set them up to run but something seems amiss. The winning jockey and trainer seem to show up but only for about a minute or so before disappearing again once the race/market is closed.

I thought they would stay displayed in Guardian for the duration so you were able to see if there was a trend e.g. certain jockeys and/or trainers doing well at a particular course.

Have I missed something in the setup?
Dallas

angus.macleod88 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:51 pm
Hi

I downloaded the files and set them up to run but something seems amiss. The winning jockey and trainer seem to show up but only for about a minute or so before disappearing again once the race/market is closed.

I thought they would stay displayed in Guardian for the duration so you were able to see if there was a trend e.g. certain jockeys and/or trainers doing well at a particular course.

Have I missed something in the setup?
They should automatically stay there all day (unless you re-apply them after the race) then that could cause them to disappear

One thing you could try is ensuring the 'Retain matched bets information at market settlement' box on the automation tab in your main settings area is ticked
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bas ... tings.html
angus.macleod88

Yes that seems to have sorted it, went and ticked the box as you suggested and the last few races have kept the data displayed. Many thanks!
gstar1975

Hi Dallas I seem to be missing some information on Guardian
Guardian missing information.jpg
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:25 pm

See my last post just above
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:27 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:25 pm

See my last post just above
Got it now thanks.
iggypop37

right Ive just downloaded this for a look-see - the aim being to modify it for use on the greyhounds. Unless Im very wrong there is no way any information (at all) is captured by betfair after the bell goes on dog meetings?

so no way you can (automatically) detect winning traps etc as meetings progress ?

Looks like for the dogs you could probably identify the market movers, and how big the market move was, using one of peters previous videos and other information, and that's it ? (stored values etc ? )
iggypop37

just to update this I see that winner is displayed on the screen on betfair desktop ?
Euler

iggypop37 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:30 pm
right Ive just downloaded this for a look-see - the aim being to modify it for use on the greyhounds. Unless Im very wrong there is no way any information (at all) is captured by betfair after the bell goes on dog meetings?

so no way you can (automatically) detect winning traps etc as meetings progress ?

Looks like for the dogs you could probably identify the market movers, and how big the market move was, using one of peters previous videos and other information, and that's it ? (stored values etc ? )
Most greyhound markets don't go inplay so Bet Angel can't detect the winner. So you couldn't apply the same automation to the Greyhounds.
globi166

Not sure why but some races It doesn't update the info just blank fields... I did check the box in main auto tab in BA settings. Yesterday was working fine.

Return to “Guardian market list layouts”