Green Up and Close Trade at Current and Reverse Price Columns - One Click Screen Settings

One-click, but many options!
Dallas

If you are a one-click screen user you’ll one of the biggest limitations you will have had is when it comes to greening up, both the Betfair grid screen and those offered by other software limit you to only being able to green up or close a trade at the best price.

For Bet Angel users that’s not an issue, take a look at the image below, as you can see there are 8 custom columns which will allow you to green up or close the trade on individual selections or the market and at both the current or reverse prices.
OC Greening Columns - Copy.JPG

You’ll notice two columns highlighted by orange arrows, those columns perform the same tasks as the original ‘Trade Profit’ column does but without the need to toggle between greening all and closing all trades by ticking/unticking the ‘Green’ box at the top.

You might prefer to leave these two columns out and stick to the original ‘Trade Profit’ column, or you could remove that and just keep these eight new greening columns.

The choice is yours as to what greening columns you want to have, and while the settings file for all those shown in the image above is available to download further down this post should you want to add more of your own perhaps to green up a +1 tick, +2 ticks, +3 ticks etc outside the price there is a separate post detailing the step-by-step instructions on how to set these up.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=21159

You may have seen in the past (including in that link above) that to display information on the one click screen in custom columns you also need to use a rules file and then each day add all the markets you intend to trade to Guardian and then apply that rules files to them all.

Well there is another way which avoids the need to use Guardian and add and apply rules every day and that’s to use a ‘Safety Servant’ to run the rules file.

A ‘Safety Servant’ is basically a Servant you but it doesn’t need to be start manually or require any action from you once enabled. Instead Safety Servants start automatically each time you open a market, this includes when opening markets in a new window meaning it can still be used on multiple markets at the same time.

Downloading and Importing the Files
There are several files you need to download for this including a zip file but once they have been downloaded and imported into your Bet Angel there is nothing left to do, I’ll even show how to save them all as part of your main settings profile so that once its selected everything will load up and you’ll have a one-click looking like the image further up (or however you choose to edit it) and all you need to do is open your markets and trade as normal – just with the added advantage of all the additional greening buttons on your one-click screen.

Custom Column Files
To use these one-click setting’s, click the 'Greening Columns.bcc' file below to download to your computer, then whilst on your one click screen click the ‘Star’ icon and that will open the Custom Column editor, after that click the import button and browse for the downloaded file on your PC - then you can select that file as your Profile.
Greening Columns.bcc
CC Import.JPG
CC Import1.JPG

Grid Layout
You will also need to click on the 'Greening Layout.bgl' file below to download the grid layout settings file to your computer, once downloaded on your one-click screen click the paper with green arrow icon to import the grid layout settings file - you'll then be able to select it from the pick list just to the left of the gold star.
Greening Layout.bgl
GL Import.JPG

Rules Files
Now its time for the rules files, there are eight rules files, each one performs one of the greening tasks in the custom columns, from there names it will be very clear which one does what, rather than list the individually I’ve zipped them all together in one folder called (Greening_columns), so you’ll need a free program like WinRar or Winzip to unzip them once you’ve clicked on the link below and downloaded it to your computer.
Greening Columns.rar

Once you’ve unzipped then and can see the eight individual files in your windows folder the next step is to import each into the Servant Manager. To do this click the ‘Bellboy’ icon then click ; Rules > Import a Rules File
Then browse for the file from your PC (you’ll need to do this for all eight files).
SM Greening Rule.JPG

You'll also need the rules file which will be run by the ‘Safety Servant’, this is called (Greening_Values.baf), and after downloading this too needs importing into your Servant Manager the same way as you’ve just done with the eight rules above
Greening Values.baf

Next you need to go onto the ‘Safety’ tab of the Servant Manager and select that rules file as your safety servant, remembering to tick the box next to it to enable it.
SM Greening Rule.JPG

Using the Settings
Everything is now already for you to use, if you haven’t already got them selected make sure have the files you’ve just imported chosen as your Grid Layout and Custom Columns
Grid and columns Profiles.JPG

Now whenever you open a market you should hear the sound of a deskbell ring and a small green plus icon will appear next to the Servant Manager icon, indicating the Safety Servant is active and your columns will be ready for use.
OC Greening Columns.JPG

Saving for Future Use

Once that’s done if you go to the top left corner of your screen and click ‘Settings’ you can re-save your current settings profile, or click ‘Save AS’ to create a new profile.
That will mean every you’ll be able to log in with all these settings applied or switch between other saved settings profiles whilst using Bet Angel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

Hi Dallas - I'm just trying to set this screen up, but I don't seem to have the 'paper with the green arrow icons to import the grid layout settings file' - please could you advise where I can add those icons.

In the image below, what you have is on the left hand side and what I have is on the right hand side without the 'paper with the green arrow icons'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tuco on Thu May 06, 2021 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
lotora

Tuco wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 pm
Hi Dallas - I'm just trying to set this screen up, but I don't seem to have the 'paper with the green arrow icons to import the grid layout settings file' - could you advise where I can add those icons please.
I had the same issue until I upgraded to the latest BA version.
Tuco

I'm also running the latest v1.56.0 - it's clearly a toolbar setting somewhere?

I re-installed v1.56.0 but that made no difference.

Then I changed my default custom grid layout to the 'Manual bets A' grid layout and voilà, the import/export buttons appeared by magic even when I switched back to the custom layout!

All now sorted and running thank you Dallas for your efforts.

Tomorrow I'll copy these greening columns into some of my custom grid layouts after which time I can then choose to display them or not in the grid or not - but at least they will be an option :)
panacea

Also the same problem for me with the latest 1.56.0 version. No Green Arrow on left
Tuco

Good morning Dallas - I've been looking through the eight stored values in the Greening Values rules.

I'm really not fully awake yet and pre-coffee, but I think I've spotted a couple of anomalies - at least the info was not that which I was expecting to see in the two 'closeall' stored values as shown below - please could you take a look as I was expecting to see 'for the market' rather than 'for the current selection' in the two 'close all' stored values - thanks in advance :)

[I think you may have copied the 'closetradeprofit' and closetradeprofitreverseprice' stored values, then changed their names by adding 'all' after the 'close' but not changing 'for the current selection' to 'for the market']
Dipstick

and same problem for me. I tried Tuco's solution bu that didn't work. Have looked in the other settings and can't see anything
Tuco

Dipstick wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:49 am
and same problem for me. I tried Tuco's solution bu that didn't work. Have looked in the other settings and can't see anything
...when I logged in this morning the import/export buttons were gone again and didn't return when I changed the grid layout to 'Manual bets A' as had worked last night.

However, they did appear again when I changed the grid layout to 'One-click C' and remained on the toolbar when I then changed the grid layout to any of the others I have (including last nights downloaded and installed 'Greening Layout')

MAYBE THIS IS A SLIGHT BUG DALLAS?
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:25 am
Good morning Dallas - I've been looking through the eight stored values in the Greening Values rules.

I'm really not fully awake yet and pre-coffee, but I think I've spotted a couple of anomalies - at least the info was not that which I was expecting to see in the two 'closeall' stored values as shown below - please could you take a look as I was expecting to see 'for the market' rather than 'for the current selection' in the two 'close all' stored values - thanks in advance :)

[I think you may have copied the 'closetradeprofit' and closetradeprofitreverseprice' stored values, then changed their names by adding 'all' after the 'close' but not changing 'for the current selection' to 'for the market']
They are set correct, they display the values in columns 1 and 3
Clicking a value in column 3 closes the trade on just that selection for that predicted P/L
Clicking any of the values in column 1 closes the trade on all selections for the predicted P/L shown for each
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 am
Dipstick wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:49 am
...when I logged in this morning the import/export buttons were gone again and didn't return when I changed the grid layout to 'Manual bets A' as had worked last night.

However, they did appear again when I changed the grid layout to 'One-click C' and remained on the toolbar when I then changed the grid layout to any of the others I have (including last nights downloaded and installed 'Greening Layout')

MAYBE THIS IS A SLIGHT BUG DALLAS?
Never seen it happen before but if you notice it again post back and also include a screenshot of it while its missing (so we can see if everything wise looks ok), if anything it could be to do something in your saved settings/layout files but we'd expect it to occur all/most of the time when using that combination if that's the case
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:22 am

Never seen it happen before but if you notice it again post back and also include a screenshot of it while its missing (so we can see if everything wise looks ok), if anything it could be to do something in your saved settings/layout files but we'd expect it to occur all/most of the time when using that combination if that's the case
...will do - I suspect if I close down, when I start-up again the import/export buttons will have disappeared again - I'll test this shortly.

Meanwhile lotora, panacea and Dipstick are also experiencing the same 'import/export buttons not visible on toolbar' problem.
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:22 am

if you look at the attachment posted Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 pm it shows your toolbar to the bottom left and my toolbar to the bottom right without the import/export buttons - I'll post a fuller screen image when I logout and close down shortly and then start-up as I suspect I'll get the same issue each time I start-up.
Tuco

...just back and as expected the import/export buttons are no longer visible on the toolbar upon re-start - laptop was off for approx 20 mins.
Tuco

...and they're now lost forever! - no amount of changing the grid layout is now returning the import/export buttons to the toolbar.

lotora, panacea and Dipstick are three others also experiencing this same issue :(
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:23 pm
...and they're now lost forever! - no amount of changing the grid layout is now returning the import/export buttons to the toolbar.

lotora, panacea and Dipstick are three others also experiencing this same issue :(
Are they there is you login with the factory default profiles?
If so do they disappear when using different settings and layout profiles to the tennis ones being used in the previous screenshot?

Return to “One Click trading interface”