Today's Tennis

Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:30 pm
Bogota has been a bit behind, that being said though someone has been dumping in 5 figure stakes at points during Charleston at entirely the wrong price so has been plenty of free money to pick up there.
I've noticed court-siders have been trading in between rallies and sometimes getting badly caught out. :D
ODPaul82

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:43 pm
I've noticed court-siders have been trading in between rallies and sometimes getting badly caught out. :D
Yep, must be a newbie at it :lol:
No chance would I try and pre-empt the winner of a point if I was courtside, only if I could see the ball was going to be nowhere near in bounds.

Last 2 days though haven't seen the big stakes being dumped at wrong prices, must have burnt their fingers one too many times.
JuiceyJones

ODPaul82 wrote:
Bogota has been a bit behind, that being said though someone has been dumping in 5 figure stakes at points during Charleston at entirely the wrong price so has been plenty of free money to pick up there.
This guy/girl has been at it all week in most of the fuzzies markets. Zero subtlety at all most of the time. Some serious moves in the lesser challenger markets to because of it.
ODPaul82

Hadn't noticed elsewhere, been concentrating on charleston & marbella with a bit of bogota thrown in
JuiceyJones

Running Charleston twice. Nice.
mishac

Derek27 wrote:
ODPaul82 wrote:
They won't be court-siders. Most tournaments are now run without spectators. My view is that the days of court-siders has long gone
Derek27

mishac wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:13 am
Derek27 wrote:
ODPaul82 wrote:
They won't be court-siders. Most tournaments are now run without spectators. My view is that the days of court-siders has long gone
The umpire has a computer screen. ;)
mishac

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:01 pm
mishac wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Which feeds straight to the ATP/WTA data rights holders, and that data is passed onto the betting agencies, which is where we get the scores. If you have a good system, the scores are only a second or so behind the umpire entering in the score. You might note available volume almost in sync with the scores, and possibly faster. That can't be court-siders because the delay to put up offers is still there. So by deduction, the fastest offers are put up by someone with no delay. That can't be court-siders (can only be one organisation, or a deal between that organisation and a syndicate)
Derek27

mishac wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:
mishac wrote:

Which feeds straight to the ATP/WTA data rights holders, and that data is passed onto the betting agencies, which is where we get the scores. If you have a good system, the scores are only a second or so behind the umpire entering in the score. You might note available volume almost in sync with the scores, and possibly faster. That can't be court-siders because the delay to put up offers is still there. So by deduction, the fastest offers are put up by someone with no delay. That can't be court-siders (can only be one organisation, or a deal between that organisation and a syndicate)
I was just joking about the umpire placing bets on Betfair. :)
mishac

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:04 pm
mishac wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Umpires have been involved before: https://www.espn.com.au/tennis/story/_/ ... xing-probe

"The Tennis Integrity Unit said Izotov, 22, failed to report a corrupt approach he received in November 2019 while he was officiating as a chair umpire at an ITF Women's event in Minsk, Belarus.
The approach allegedly offered him payment in return for delaying the inputting of scores to his scoring device, which would allow others to bet on matches"
Derek27

mishac wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:04 pm
mishac wrote:

Umpires have been involved before: https://www.espn.com.au/tennis/story/_/ ... xing-probe

"The Tennis Integrity Unit said Izotov, 22, failed to report a corrupt approach he received in November 2019 while he was officiating as a chair umpire at an ITF Women's event in Minsk, Belarus.
The approach allegedly offered him payment in return for delaying the inputting of scores to his scoring device, which would allow others to bet on matches"
I remember that one. I warned him of the consequences if he reports me. :lol:
JuiceyJones

How would i get in touch with Lee Cal (or someone else similar) to help build some automation?
sniffer66

JuiceyJones wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:30 am
How would i get in touch with Lee Cal (or someone else similar) to help build some automation?

Lee is on Twitter. You can message him on there.
JuiceyJones

sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:03 am
JuiceyJones wrote:

Thanks Sniffer
sniffer66

JuiceyJones wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:34 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:03 am
JuiceyJones wrote:

Thanks Sniffer
Also happy to offer some advice if you outline what you are trying to do. Have some decent experience with tennis automation, if you've seen some of my previous posts. And Dallas has probably forgotten more than I'll ever know

Return to “Tennis Trading”