Wimbledon 2022

rik

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:36 pm
Great watch! Some shocking line calls though.

Do line judges have a union?! Was proven during the pandemic that they're obsolete. The technology was used last year to call the lines and it sped the game up and done away with challenges. Backwards step imo.
get some jobs for the guys
aperson

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:52 pm
BBC coverage of Wimbledon is so annoying.

Lets watch this uncompetitive match or comment on the dress code, or this women wonderful hat. Isn't Wimbledon great. Oh look that was a good shot, lets switch to a completely different match. Repeat.

Just focus on the Tennis match in hand and stick with it.

Thank goodness for the red button channels.
The coverage really has been crap. They are just joining the Garin De Minaur match 20 minutes in when they have several red button channels showing things like ladies doubles. Five live are infuriating too. They only seem to commentate on maybe a third of the points. Half the time they are just going around the grounds, (which I kinda get), or just chatting about something completely random. which I don't at all.
Dallas

I was in two minds about how I felt when they announced the Sunday rest day was being dropped but now having done so I think I much preferred it this way, with more time to focus on these later matches
trad1ngbull

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:58 pm
I was in two minds about how I felt when they announced the Sunday rest day was being dropped but now having done so I think I much preferred it this way, with more time to focus on these later matches
Same here, Dallas. Slams are always very exhausting to trade. That was a good feature, not a bug.

Now the first pause is only on the second Thursday of 2 week's 5-set matches.
Euler

Krygios injured
Trader Pat

Surprised me for a second to see that stat that said Kyrgios highest ever ranking was 14. With his talent he should easily be top ten but then if I think about it, it's not that surprising considering his attitude.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:32 pm
Surprised me for a second to see that stat that said Kyrgios highest ever ranking was 14. With his talent he should easily be top ten but then if I think about it, it's not that surprising considering his attitude.
I agree. Look at Federer. He had a reputation as youngster for being volatile. But he used his intelligence and did something about it.
Kyrgios seems to have decided to be a fre spirit and monetise being "the villian".
Well ok.
He's said he doesn;t like tennis and would rather play basketball.
Well ok.
But I really think he is a talent squandered.
But what did George Best say “I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” .
How us mortals would love to have the chance to squander talent eh?
Euler

De Minaur matched at 1.02 at two sets up and losses in the TB in the fifth set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:12 pm
De Minaur matched at 1.02 at two sets up and losses in the TB in the fifth set.
Kept dropping in on that match but didn't do anything with it
Trader Pat

Sue Barker intent on getting Kyrgios burned at the stake for wearing a red cap and shoes
greenmark

Looks like no-one is interested in badosa v halep, Half empty stadium. Who say's privilege is toxic? :-) Those staggeringly expensive tickets have been tossed away like a sweet wrapper. Disgusting.
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:24 pm
Looks like no-one is interested in badosa v halep, Half empty stadium. Who say's privilege is toxic? :-) Those staggeringly expensive tickets have been tossed away like a sweet wrapper. Disgusting.
Its been surprising just how many seats there has been empty this year over the last week, its expected at the other Grand Slams but Wimbledon has always managed to more or less have full stadiums throughout every day
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:04 pm
greenmark wrote:
Its been surprising just how many seats there has been empty this year over the last week, its expected at the other Grand Slams but Wimbledon has always managed to more or less have full stadiums throughout every day
in fairness (from my viewing on bbc), it did ALMOST reach capacity after the 1st set...
greenmark

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:15 pm
Dallas wrote:
greenmark wrote:
in fairness (from my viewing on bbc), it did ALMOST reach capacity after the 1st set...
Dunno how it works. Is it an all day ticket? If so I could kind of understand everyone heading off for food after Kyrgios. And LTA are honouring tickets disrupted by Covid (and well done to them for that). But I wonder how many tennis fans watching on TV were fuming that seats were empty.
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:30 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:15 pm
Dallas wrote:

Dunno how it works. Is it an all day ticket? If so I could kind of understand everyone heading off for food after Kyrgios. And LTA are honouring tickets disrupted by Covid (and well done to them for that). But I wonder how many tennis fans watching on TV were fuming that seats were empty.
likewise, but guess it really boils down to how the event(s) are marketed. given that we are hitting quarter final stage, you'd imagine that *real fans* would be lining the streets to sit in a half empty stadium... maybe they are and the tickets are otherwise *procured* and therefore, unavailable!

Return to “Tennis Trading”