Today's Tennis

Derek27

My tennis automation hasn't been doing well lately and I decided to give it a major rework, but I ran the failing file in practice mode last night while I was doing it and it came up trumps!

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Indian Wells quarter-finals seem to be played in sequence. At least we know when one will start.
ODPaul82

Drone stopped play in Vina Del Mar final, first time I've seen that.
Derek27

ATP Indian Wells a real disappointment. I don't even know what the score is but I can see from the betting it's a whitewash.
aperson

No live score updates at Monte Carlo?
Nero Tulip

aperson wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:21 am
this was what I was about to post.. no data for any matches here.
Dallas

aperson wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:21 am
Looks like they are missing
ODPaul82

Challenger matches are affected as well

Have gone old-school and have 7 b365 windows open along with 4 video streams :lol:
aperson

And we're back
henbet22

Class Act. The old diesel engine is still chugging away.
makkonen44

Hello everyone
I’m not sure which thread would be the most appropriate to post my first message. I hope this may be good enough since I’m only interested in trading tennis. Just purchased my annual subscription after 6 weeks of promising results in practice mode and another 4 weeks of mixed results in live mode.
Since I love tennis (watch and play whenever I can) I decided I might as well make it a profitable activity.
So far, my main issue is staying (on occasions) with a losing trade for too long and spoil the good work I had done earlier. I guess it is still early days and I¿m hoping I will learn to manage the losses better.
Apart from introducing myself in the forum I would like to hear some advice on pre-match trading. It would seem most logical make enough profit prior to the in- play action to mitigate the potential risk when the match starts.
I had a brief search regarding that but so far did not find much information about it. I will appreciate very much any word of advice on that topic. Many thanks in advance.
All the best,
Paw
tumby

makkonen44 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:09 am

Since I love tennis (watch and play whenever I can) I decided I might as well make it a profitable activity.
Whilst I can understand your thought process, I approached sports betting in a different way, I concentrated only on sports I knew nothing about to reduce the impact of my in built biases. I made those sports work before looking at anything I might have an opinion on. I wonder if that may be partly what's causing you to have a problem managing losses? Although in general people that start trading seem to run losses for longer than they should and take profits sooner than they should.
The great thing about a market is that there as many ways of trading as there are participants and that's what creates a market. Good luck with the tennis.
makkonen44

thanks tumby for the reply.
I may consider branching out to other sports once I can make tennis work. I understand that being impartial and objective is the key. And that's how I do approach it. However, sometimes what on paper should be a competitive match dissapoints and is 1 way traffic. For example, yesterday's match Bublik v Giron (pre-match odds almost even) and then Bublik does not show up for the fist set, he improves in set 2 (he did similar in recent matches taking 2 set from Rune and Ruud). So hoping for a turn around I was sitting with a 30/40% red hoping for a turn around which never came and he got broken right at the end with no chance of keeping the loss at an acceptable level.
On the other hand at the same time a match which on paper looked very uncompetitive Stephens v Zvonareva ( I was surprised to see her play anyway) turned out to be a money maker.
Therefore I would like to kow how viable it is do make some profit prior to a match to manage the risk and minimize the losses.
Also I definitely need to explore automation to help me eliminate that "hoping" element from a trade.

All the best
Brovashift

makkonen44 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:13 pm
thanks tumby for the reply.
I may consider branching out to other sports once I can make tennis work. I understand that being impartial and objective is the key. And that's how I do approach it. However, sometimes what on paper should be a competitive match dissapoints and is 1 way traffic. For example, yesterday's match Bublik v Giron (pre-match odds almost even) and then Bublik does not show up for the fist set, he improves in set 2 (he did similar in recent matches taking 2 set from Rune and Ruud). So hoping for a turn around I was sitting with a 30/40% red hoping for a turn around which never came and he got broken right at the end with no chance of keeping the loss at an acceptable level.
On the other hand at the same time a match which on paper looked very uncompetitive Stephens v Zvonareva ( I was surprised to see her play anyway) turned out to be a money maker.
Therefore I would like to kow how viable it is do make some profit prior to a match to manage the risk and minimize the losses.
Also I definitely need to explore automation to help me eliminate that "hoping" element from a trade.

All the best
Just wondering, have you tried "Tennis Profits"? He's got some videos on YouTube. If he doesn't put you to sleep :lol: then his course/setup is quite good. Decent trading group and very good tennis data. I haven't been back to the tennis since taking a few losses at the start of the year. I keep meaning to but I only like to get involve in certain rounds and keep missing them due to working on the racing. Do you use Tennis Trader as well?
makkonen44

thanks Brovashift for the words of advice.
I did actually watch some of the Sharks videos and they do drag on a bit. ;)
I will check the trial access to check what kind of stats he offers.
I still hope someone here can be kind enough to elaborate a bit on pre-match trading opportunities or maybe they are not worth the effort?
Cheers

Return to “Tennis Trading”