Delay when placing a bet

thechubbster

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask about a problem I can't seem to solve.

I have a good connection, My response time is generally between 20-40 ms (at least I think that's good, please do let me know) and placing bets on Horse racing etc is very fast.

However, whenver I'm trading a Tennis match, there is a very big delay between placing a bet and the time it takes to reach the market. It's a good 3-5 seconds. Cancelling the bet is instant, but it's really casuing me problems with this delay in putting money into the market.

I'm in the UK, so was wondering if this is a problem we all have, or if it's just me. Anyone who could shed some light on this for me would be doing me a great favour.

Many thanks in advance for you help :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

There is an automatic bet placement delay on in-play matches so that is what you are experiencing. It's there to stop courtside hoovering.
LeTiss

Actually, I'm having a delay today too

It's not on 'in play' bets, it's happening all the time
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

How odd, which markets? The Dubai markets?
thechubbster

Yeah, was traing on the Dubi Tennis matches, and there is always a good 3 second delay after I press the button until my bet reaches the market.

I guess it would make sense that they keep a delay, just wanted to know I was not alone.
AlanWT

Happening to me too, very regularly. I've been trying scalping tennis markets when they get into the nervous naughties using one or two tick offsetting, and on several occasions have seen green positions turn red while waiting for BA to place the closing bet. Annoying, to say the least. To be honest, I don't see the 'anti hoovering' logic. If people at courtside are firing in orders a few seconds ahead of anyone else, their bets will still appear before anyone elses, delay or not.

Return to “Tennis Trading”