French Open 2017

deggsy10

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:47 pm
deggsy10 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:19 pm
Made £162 from Halep match. Tempted to trade it again but think I will quit while I'm ahead!
In Tennis is usually makes sense to throw some of the profit back into the mixer
Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't do that particularly when it went to 1-1. Could have made a fortune!
welshboy06

deggsy10 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:48 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:47 pm
deggsy10 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:19 pm
Made £162 from Halep match. Tempted to trade it again but think I will quit while I'm ahead!
In Tennis is usually makes sense to throw some of the profit back into the mixer
Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't do that particularly when it went to 1-1. Could have made a fortune!
I suppose knowing when to do this and more importantly not to do it, is how the pro's make their money and take a gamble out of the equation.
I made about £20 on the thiem vs djokovic and could potentially have made 10 times that if I'd not been so worried about losing the £20.
Dallas

Fantastic to see Nadal winning another Grand Slam with such ease! though not totally unexpected considering his amazing form throughout this year and at RG in particular.

He only faced one break point all final - which he quickly defended, so it was far from the best match to trade but great to watch and a true masterclass in how to play tennis on clay.

I’de have to check but don’t think he was broken all tournament! He did drop the 2nd least games in RG history (35) on route to winning which further proves how good and dominating he has been this year!

Also been great to see plenty of new people posting on this thread and having a go at trading tennis during this years RG and from reading the posts they have all seemed to of enjoyed it and done very.

Great end to an amazing tournament - one of the best i've seen, roll on Wimbledon! :D
deggsy10

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:32 pm
Fantastic to see Nadal winning another Grand Slam with such ease! though not totally unexpected considering his amazing form throughout this year and at RG in particular.

He only faced one break point all final - which he quickly defended, so it was far from the best match to trade but great to watch and a true masterclass in how to play tennis on clay.

I’de have to check but don’t think he was broken all tournament! He did drop the 2nd least games in RG history (35) on route to winning which further proves how good and dominating he has been this year!

Also been great to see plenty of new people posting on this thread and having a go at trading tennis during this years RG and from reading the posts they have all seemed to of enjoyed it and done very.

Great end to an amazing tournament - one of the best i've seen, roll on Wimbledon! :D
I believe he was broken in the early rounds. There were a number of times when I was tempted to lay him early on in games but just couldn't do it as it seemed far too risky. A successful trading tournament for me though. The first time I have tried tennis trading. It's a shame that there aren't tennis matches every day like horse racing as I would really like to focus my efforts on tennis trading. Shame the clay court season is over too.

Has anybody been successful trading grass court tennis who can offer any tips? Obviously it's a completely different surface to clay so I would imagine different dynamics at play with regards to trading.
Derek27

WTF's going on in Chilli? The court appears to be taken over by a group of idiots waving flags and banging on drums half way through a match!
NickH

Haha I was thinking the same lol
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 pm
WTF's going on in Chilli? The court appears to be taken over by a group of idiots waving flags and banging on drums half way through a match!
WTF's this post doing on the French Open 2017 thread? I could have sworn I posted it to the Today's Tennis thread. :lol:

Return to “Tennis Trading”