Scalping the server

odchamp

As a newbie, i was backing the server, but when it goes against you and you get a break of serve, do you just cash out for a big loss, or try and hang in there hoping that the situation may swing back in your favour, or do some kind of damage limitation bet?
spreadbetting

You have to learn to 'red' up otherwise you're simply gambling when the market goes against you but cutting your profits when it goes for you. All the damage limitations I've seen are simply gambling on a longshot not going against you.

Scalping is probably one of the harder trading techniques to master as it's very easy to predict the market direction when a match is in play but your losses compared to wins are also large so you need a very high strike rate to come out on top.
odchamp

Thank you for your reply, I think i must be just going through a bad stage, as even when i enter the market in a strong position, the "value" seems to just drift away without the expected break of serve etc.
Hopefully im doing things correctly and am loathed to up these boring low stakes im using until i get some sort of consistency.
Dallas

odchamp wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:10 pm
Thank you for your reply, I think i must be just going through a bad stage, as even when i enter the market in a strong position, the "value" seems to just drift away without the expected break of serve etc.
Hopefully im doing things correctly and am loathed to up these boring low stakes im using until i get some sort of consistency.
Have you looked at using the Tennis Trader tool in Bet Angel?

That will give you a very good guide as to where the prices will be point by point throughout a match so you can pinpoint the best entry/exit positions, there is an example of how to use it in the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13251

User Guide, which also contains links to video tutorials
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... _tool.html
odchamp

Thank you for your reply, I have just watched it again and will try and dial in my exit points better.
That saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush sems to play a big part of trading.
Thanks for all your advice much appreciated

Return to “Tennis Trading”