How do you normally look to trade tennis?

Human123

Seems like there are a million and one ways to try trading tennis so just wondering what works for you when you sit to trade a match?

Do you swing trade? as in back a player you expect to break or win a set and green up?

Scalping?

I know of one person who trades tennis but says he knows nothing about the players, just watches the numbers and will lay the person who just gained a break point, or the really low favorite etc and back much higher.. makes a good living from it too.
Rubik

I guess there are many ways to trade but I just look to oppose short prices. Nothing clever but it works well for me. A couple of errors on serve can lead to a break and at the right time this can produce huge swings.
skyvia

Basically all you need to know is – when to back and when to lay the favourite. Well, but then all the trades are quite simple in the essence.
Green Park

I started messing around with Tennis trader and it says that a lot of matches the server has an 80-90% chance of winning on serve.

If you back the server and lay off after the service game is finished there is a good chance of scalping some ticks out of the the game.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Early on in the match players tend to hold serve better than later so you probably want to build a position based on a player winning a serve and then use that profit to oppose at short odds later or minimise risk from that point. If somebody is at very short odds already then it can be worth opposing them immediately and trading out if they dominate the match.

There is lots of depth in Tennis so many ways to particpate but that's how I will often trade it.

There are some blog posts on Tennis: -

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/?s=tennis+trading

Return to “Tennis Trading”